NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Playing Out of Position (Mostly RBs)

By setherick
6/16/2018 10:19 am
Is there actually any benefit for listing a RB at RB?

Since SP is directly tied to weight, and the 20 pound weight differential between WR and RB equals 2.5-3 SP, it makes sense to list all RBs at WR for SP purposes.

Then there is this per JDB (in some other thread): "Strength in and of itself is not relative to weight, but most places that strength is used as an input weight differential is used as well."

The only time I know for sure that RBs use ST is when they are pushing the pile. Does the 20 pound weight differential make a difference there?

Then there is the issue of Break Tackle. Break Tackle is tied to SP and not ST, so it's better to play that Break Tackle RB at WR so that you can get him faster and improve his Break Tackle more.

In the next version of this, I'm going to look at playing all OL at RT.

Re: Playing Out of Position (Mostly RBs)

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
6/16/2018 11:37 am
The only reason why I list my RBs as RBs is to have... more realistic rosters, and RBs on it. My starting RB is a WR that I use at RB though :/.
Is there an increased risk of injury to play a WR at RB?

By raymattison21
6/16/2018 3:38 pm
The best reason, but not a game breaker is the fatigue settings. I got most my recievers at 70 plus and RB s at like 35. But my backs can't hold on to the ball, and fatigue effects fumbles a bit too much.

By setherick
6/16/2018 3:50 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
The best reason, but not a game breaker is the fatigue settings. I got most my recievers at 70 plus and RB s at like 35. But my backs can't hold on to the ball, and fatigue effects fumbles a bit too much.

That's a fair point, but I typically set my fatigue rates for my RBs and WRs to the same.

By mardn72
6/17/2018 8:52 pm
It may work with veteran RBs, but young ones will regress in break tackle if played at WR.

By setherick
6/17/2018 8:54 pm
mardn72 wrote:
It may work with veteran RBs, but young ones will regress in break tackle if played at WR.

I am finding that skill to be more and more useless. If you could pair it with ST and develop Beast Mode type RBs, then I'd be all for it. But the best RBs right now are the hybrid 3rd down type backs.

By raymattison21
2/25/2019 8:29 am
I keep switching aging guys to C or DE for camp then switching to back their original position for the season . I can't really tell if it preserved the ratings before the athletic drop at year 8 or 9 , but it seems to have some positive effects .

Tediously effective but an exploit perhaps?

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
2/26/2019 4:08 am
raymattison21 wrote:
I keep switching aging guys to C or DE for camp then switching to back their original position for the season . I can't really tell if it preserved the ratings before the athletic drop at year 8 or 9 , but it seems to have some positive effects .

If i understand correctly, you noticed a drop in ratings that you try to prevent by switching your guys to C or DE ?

By raymattison21
2/26/2019 4:32 am
Ragnulf-le-maudit wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

If i understand correctly, you noticed a drop in ratings that you try to prevent by switching your guys to C or DE ?

Skills like speed, acceleration and strength . Retirement/ declining athletic ratings activate at different points of a players career. For example your star wr is going into camp for his 8th and 9th season . Most likely he take a big speed hit in those camps. Perhaps totalling -20 point of speed .

By switching him to C for camp he will take on the the later retirement / declining of a C. After he gains some pounds at camp just move him back to wr and a few games he will be back to weight and speed.

I have done it with TES and Cs. As well as taking an aging LB down to DE and back just to get more life out of them. I just never wrote down any results or starting points of ratings. Before and after as some guys were already in the decline process .

I am sure someone has done this before . I just never implemented it before as its time consuming . This guy https://private75.myfootballnow.com/player/4759 didn’t take much of a hit at year 8 camp.

By mardn72
2/26/2019 11:19 am
You never get a speed hit in the 8th years. It’s the 9th year it hits. I’ve moved aging players to other positions to extend their career, but I’ve noticed if you move them back, they take a hit pretty quickly.