NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.5] Version 2dbb07a

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/24/2019 9:42 am
Only one tweak in tonight's games (2040 week 13): I've made another modification to the ball placement algorithm on passes. This should significantly reduce the times the ball is ill-placed, and also significantly increases the knock-downs (since the ball is now being placed better).
Last edited at 1/24/2019 9:42 am

By mwd65
1/24/2019 5:11 pm
I recall in a previous game engine there was talk about the "better" accuracy QB's throwing more INT's because the placement of the ball being more on target than the lower accuracy QB's.

Not sure if this is apples and oranges, but do you anticipate more INT's (as well as knockdowns that you mentioned) since the ball will be placed closer to receiver and defender?

By setherick
1/24/2019 6:57 pm
I do: http://mfn3.myfootballnow.xyz/box/3898

Dbs are intercepting passes they should knockdown.

1/24/2019 8:27 pm
mwd65 wrote:
I recall in a previous game engine there was talk about the "better" accuracy QB's throwing more INT's because the placement of the ball being more on target than the lower accuracy QB's.

Not sure if this is apples and oranges, but do you anticipate more INT's (as well as knockdowns that you mentioned) since the ball will be placed closer to receiver and defender?

No, this tweak should not change completion/INT rates but should increase knockdowns.

Interception rates in the alpha site are still on target, so if you feel that interceptions are higher than they should be that's a separate issue altogether, but I'd want to make sure it's not because of an overuse of a certain play type (i.e. longer passes are more likely to be intercepted than shorter passes, pass key will increase the odds of interceptions, etc)

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
1/25/2019 2:51 am
I saw the higher knockdowns. It looked like a lot fewer off passes. The end of game comp% was in line withe the end of 3rdQ comp%.

By setherick
1/25/2019 9:55 am
QB gets confused when the WR hits the sideline and cuts back. QB throws the ball to where the route should have been rather than where the WR is: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/9252#1685893

What this play really highlights is how bad WR route running logic is. The WR has a wide open lane up the field. When he completes his route, he should look up field to see if that lane is there and take it if it is. I think that's a future project, but it's something that has bothered me for a long time.

Here's another one: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/9252#1685936
Last edited at 1/25/2019 10:12 am

1/25/2019 10:03 am
setherick wrote:
What this play really highlights is how bad WR route running logic is. The WR has a wide open lane up the field. When he completes his route, he should look up field to see if that lane is there and take it if it is. I think that's a future project, but it's something that has bothered me for a long time.

Yes, I think I'd like to touch that in 0.4.6. The logic to extend the route at the end is not very extensive.

By raymattison21
1/25/2019 10:38 am
Knockdowns and ints are high , but it was easier to get the ball to wrs . I noticed my low Discipline qb forcing more throws , which was nice and he threw a deep pass !

By Warthog
1/25/2019 11:35 am
My QB had 21 passes that were not complete. Of these, 4 were intercepted and 15! were knocked down. Feels like his high accuracy lead to some of these issues.

By setherick
1/25/2019 12:31 pm
My middle LB had 4 or 5 knockdowns just by virtue of playing in the middle of the field.