NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: 2023 changes feedback

By JCSwishMan33
7/31/2015 8:46 am
Is it just me, or am I seeing D-Lines just manhandling O-Lines consistently? Not even shedding the blocks or anything, but crushing the O-Line right back into the QB?

By Davesgang
7/31/2015 3:22 pm
To me Pressure seemed to happening about the right amount, but every time it seems like it's a 20+ yard pass completion or a interception. If anything I'm still seeing dlinmen occupy the qbs space without any pressure listed. Passing yardage is still very high league wide although qb ratings are starting to be more realistic.
Last edited at 7/31/2015 3:24 pm

By Morbid
7/31/2015 3:51 pm
I think the pressure is the same as far as sacks per game. I honestly cant put a comparison to the past few seasons because I dont have the same talent as a QB but if I had to lean in a direction I would say the pressure has effected the passing more from what I see on my defensive side.

I think the passing yards are high and always be high is you are seeing less short passes attempted because honestly they just flat out **** as most are cut backs and its usually a no gain or loss so teams are throwing the ball further down the field.

By Thor
7/31/2015 5:16 pm
This is not the NFL. Stats are never going to mirror what you see in the NFL.

In the NFL, every playcall is made by a human.
In the NFL, coaches / players react to what is actually happening in the game.
In the NFL, gameplans change as the situation warrants.

Just because the stats in MFN are "unrealistic" compared to the NFL does not mean something needs to be changed in MFN.

This is an "unrealistic", or fake, game controlled primarily by "artificial" intelligence. It will never be like the NFL where intelligent decisions are made by the coaches and players, especially with the limited gameplanning options available for us humans.

The more changes are made to try to force the results into what some think they should be, the worse this game is getting.

By Morbid
7/31/2015 8:52 pm
Thor wrote:
This is not the NFL. Stats are never going to mirror what you see in the NFL.

In the NFL, every playcall is made by a human.
In the NFL, coaches / players react to what is actually happening in the game.
In the NFL, gameplans change as the situation warrants.

Just because the stats in MFN are "unrealistic" compared to the NFL does not mean something needs to be changed in MFN.

This is an "unrealistic", or fake, game controlled primarily by "artificial" intelligence. It will never be like the NFL where intelligent decisions are made by the coaches and players, especially with the limited gameplanning options available for us humans.

The more changes are made to try to force the results into what some think they should be, the worse this game is getting.

Exactly, there are a lot of *DOH* why did you call that play but I like it this way. I dont mind a few flaws because honestly there are flaws in real NFL games as well. Nobody is at an advantage over anyone else except by the rosters but patience can get you to that point

By Davesgang
7/31/2015 9:59 pm
Absolutely! doh# Plays should be part of the game.

I also enjoy seeing good defensive play and it's not unreasonable to want a premiere secondary shut down most passing games. Quality dlines should give qbs and running games fits. Elite linebackers should make a difference in pressure, run stopping, coverage, or even be strategically flexed as needed.

The game of foot ball should be so much deeper than who can throw for 400+ yards every game.
Last edited at 7/31/2015 10:18 pm

By Black Adder
8/01/2015 6:30 am
My 2 cents...

It`s so difficult to judge things and how they`ve changed on an individual teams view.Some GM`s say there is not enough QB pressure,now some say too much.
Are the players on the OL and DL playing fatigued,injured,not experienced enough,not familiarized with the plays? Could this be the reason things are different from each own GM`s team perspective?

As I said ,it`s so hard to judge League wise.

Personally MIA doesn`t get any pressure on QB`s as our D Line is ravaged by injuries,so I`m guessing they`re not getting the correct blocks for the pass rushing LB`s/S`s to ever get into the backfield.

On a different note...Punt Returns!

I`m seriously thinking of never Punting,I seem to have a decent Special Team unit ,but I dread the return! I`m just expecting every single one to go for a TD ,surely this is not how it should be?

Looking at the MFN1 Punt Return Stats we have 18 players averaging over 25 yds a return!

Just look how many returns have gone for TD`s?

Ehlers (CAR) has returned 15 for an average of FIFTY ONE YARDS!,6 of these for TD`s!

We are at week SIX on the season and 12 players have 3 Punt Return TD`s or more!

This is partly why we`re seeing so many high scoring games,short field position for the Offense.

I`m climbing down off my soap box now,

Thank you .
Last edited at 8/01/2015 6:31 am

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/01/2015 9:30 am
Black Adder wrote:

I`m seriously thinking of never Punting,I seem to have a decent Special Team unit ,but I dread the return! I`m just expecting every single one to go for a TD ,surely this is not how it should be?

I need to figure out why this has happened. I agree that it feels like the punt returns have suddenly become stronger, something that was changed must have had an impact on it but I haven't figured out what it could be. I need to spend some time this week studying some long punt returns and what the players are doing in their pursuit/blocking and what needs to change. Any thoughts are welcome as well. (Punters outkicking coverage? Blocks being held too long? Too many missed tackles? Bad pursuit angles? What else?)
Last edited at 8/01/2015 9:31 am

By mrfakename
8/01/2015 1:41 pm
Black Adder wrote:
My 2 cents...

It`s so difficult to judge things and how they`ve changed on an individual teams view.Some GM`s say there is not enough QB pressure,now some say too much.
Are the players on the OL and DL playing fatigued,injured,not experienced enough,not familiarized with the plays? Could this be the reason things are different from each own GM`s team perspective?

As I said ,it`s so hard to judge League wise.

Personally MIA doesn`t get any pressure on QB`s as our D Line is ravaged by injuries,so I`m guessing they`re not getting the correct blocks for the pass rushing LB`s/S`s to ever get into the backfield.

Looking at the MFN1 Punt Return Stats we have 18 players averaging over 25 yds a return!

Just look how many returns have gone for TD`s?

Ehlers (CAR) has returned 15 for an average of FIFTY ONE YARDS!,6 of these for TD`s!

We are at week SIX on the season and 12 players have 3 Punt Return TD`s or more!

This is partly why we`re seeing so many high scoring games,short field position for the Offense.

I`m climbing down off my soap box now,

Thank you .

Note that your primary gunner was a 276 pound DE against Houston when they took back that 55 yard return. Possibly it has to do with player size. Gunners are about 50 lbs lighter.

By Wolfpack
8/01/2015 4:34 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Black Adder wrote:

I need to figure out why this has happened. I agree that it feels like the punt returns have suddenly become stronger, something that was changed must have had an impact on it but I haven't figured out what it could be. I need to spend some time this week studying some long punt returns and what the players are doing in their pursuit/blocking and what needs to change. Any thoughts are welcome as well. (Punters outkicking coverage? Blocks being held too long? Too many missed tackles? Bad pursuit angles? What else?)

I'd look at 1) Time blocks are held. 2)The default depth chart for the coverage teams and how the AI will fill those.