NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Player opinion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/23/2016 12:56 pm
adamsneeka wrote:
I have a rookie TE who is already unhappy only 5 games into the season he's second on the depth chart is there some randomness to the speed at which different players change opinion? The second year player who got bumped down the depth chart behind him remains happy?

I'll have to investigate this one, it might be that he has a significantly higher future rating at another position.

By oukjweather
5/23/2016 1:02 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
adamsneeka wrote:
I have a rookie TE who is already unhappy only 5 games into the season he's second on the depth chart is there some randomness to the speed at which different players change opinion? The second year player who got bumped down the depth chart behind him remains happy?

I'll have to investigate this one, it might be that he has a significantly higher future rating at another position.

Not sure if this is related, but I also have rookie RG who is unhappy 5 games into the season. He was 2nd in the depth chart for his position till just moments ago. He has played in 2 out of 5 games.

By lellow2011
5/23/2016 1:44 pm
There should be some modifier in this for current rating imo. It would be unfortunate to have to possibly sacrifice games to have to play a rookie that just isn't quite ready to play yet even though they were drafted highly. The only reason I have so many rookies playing is because I simply have few other options.

By Wolfpack
5/23/2016 2:12 pm
I've got a similar situation. A 4th Rd. center is unhappy. He is my backup center and plays ST also. Its not like he is going to start ahead of my Vet. center who was a 1st rounder.

By Black Adder
5/23/2016 2:20 pm
oukjweather wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
Just wondering if playing for a team with a winning record has any impact on how happy/unhappy a player is ?

How much you win or loose has no impact on whether a player is happy or unhappy with you. Its all about if he plays and/or starts for you. Injuries also play a part.

Thanks oukjweather,
BUT I was asking JDB (the only one who knows) IF a winning record team has an impact and maybe it might be something to add to the code of if their happy or not.
Everyone wants to be on a winning team ,don`t they?

By Tecra031
5/23/2016 2:20 pm
Sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats if you ask me!!

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/23/2016 2:27 pm
Black Adder wrote:
Thanks oukjweather,
BUT I was asking JDB (the only one who knows) IF a winning record team has an impact and maybe it might be something to add to the code of if their happy or not.

It doesn't, I decided not to do that because it would cause players to leave bad teams for good ones making it even harder for bad teams to improve.

Plus, my observation of NFL free agent signings is that going to a winning team over a bigger contract is the exception rather than the rule.

By lellow2011
5/23/2016 2:28 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
Thanks oukjweather,

It doesn't, I decided not to do that because it would cause players to leave bad teams for good ones making it even harder for bad teams to improve.

Plus, my observation of NFL free agent signings is that going to a winning team over a bigger contract is the exception rather than the rule.

Yeah, typically players will follow the money. They really only pick a winning team over money if they are already pretty well off and are vets.

By Black Adder
5/23/2016 2:40 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
Thanks oukjweather,

Thanks JDB.

By Black Adder
5/23/2016 2:43 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
Sounds like a bunch of spoiled brats if you ask me!!

You don`t pamper to all your players whims in NJ then Tecra??.... lol