NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Free Agency

By jsid
11/22/2016 5:20 am
Wow.

Re: Free Agency

By lellow2011
11/22/2016 6:05 am
jsid wrote:
Wow.

Agreed, I have some room to burn too.

By JCSwishMan33
11/22/2016 6:06 am
This... Is what I was afraid of.

By setherick
11/22/2016 7:23 am
(throws blood in shark infested waters) This should do nothing.

Also, since this is the first season of higher demands for contracts, make sure to sign all of your stars to extensions before blowing through your reserve cap on FAs or you'll end up losing a bunch of players you don't want to lose.
Last edited at 11/22/2016 8:12 am

By WarEagle
11/22/2016 8:33 am
setherick wrote:

Also, since this is the first season of higher demands for contracts...

What makes you think this?

I thought the demands were getting higher and higher each year until they got where JDB wanted them to be, at which point they would level off.

Is this not the case?

By setherick
11/22/2016 8:36 am
WarEagle wrote:
setherick wrote:

Also, since this is the first season of higher demands for contracts...

What makes you think this?

I thought the demands were getting higher and higher each year until they got where JDB wanted them to be, at which point they would level off.

Is this not the case?

I'm seeing much higher demands from players this year than I saw last season for opening bids and contract demands. It could be year-to-year, but I'm almost certain there is supposed to be a cap demand increase this season.

By WarEagle
11/22/2016 8:42 am
Ok.

I've noticed increased demands every year for a while now.

There may have been a larger increase this year, I don't know.

By setherick
11/22/2016 8:45 am
WarEagle wrote:
Ok.

I've noticed increased demands every year for a while now.

There may have been a larger increase this year, I don't know.

It was last season, but it's really showing up this season: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/forums/thread/6/1002?page=1#5852

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/22/2016 9:13 am
This is the first free agency where the players' requests are the highest of the previous calculation (based on other similar players) and a floor based on their position and skills. Of course you don't have to offer what they ask for, they will take the best offer they receive (although lower offers will increase the likelihood that they will wait for a later stage).

By Beercloud
11/22/2016 2:47 pm
I think these next few seasons could be very interesting.

Free agency along with more wheelin n dealin could be the order of the day. Don't know about you guys but I know I'm gonna need to play a lot smarter. I already see some future problems with my team.