NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 2

By Detroit Leo
9/27/2014 3:29 am
GG Philly

Home field advantage was good to your and your defense played very well as far as turnovers are concerned. It is incredibly that the game was as close as it was despite Zona tossing 3 interceptions and losing two fumbles. Injuries appear to be occurring quite a bit this season.

Re: Week 2

By Davesgang
9/27/2014 5:18 am
GG Seattle
Went big on the air attack this week and it seems to have played well.

By chinaski
9/27/2014 4:43 pm
GG SD, that game was a head scratcher. Weird end of half logic, weird 4th down logic for us, unstoppable passing on both ends. Dislike.

By Cork55
9/27/2014 8:37 pm
GG Detroit.

That was an awesome game to watch. I thought we blew it with the offsides on the punt in OT. No defense by either team, but there was quite an aerial show by both teams.

By Davesgang
9/27/2014 8:48 pm
I noticed that you kept going for it on fourth down. Seemed like it led to points the first couple times. I'm looking at league stats, and it looks like passing is overpowered right now. Lots of 400+ yard passers in just two games into the season.

By Phinsfan
9/28/2014 4:18 pm
Tough loss to St. Louis, a game I thought we should be able to win. Got down in the 1st qtr and closed the lead to 14-10 St Louis by half but could never get a streak going to take the lead. St L played well and kept our drives in check.

GG St Lou AI

we start out 0-2 and all is not lost but I believe our division will be tough all season so these losses really put us behind the 8-ball.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/29/2014 6:54 am
GG, RW311820. We get a shutout on the road in Tennessee - I think that's my first shutout, period. Next up a big divisional game in San Diego.

As for the 400+ yard passers, I haven't done a ton of study but at first glance in general the yards per attempt is not much higher than it should be, but the # of attempts are pretty high, so I'm wondering if the game plans are heavy to the pass. I have some ideas to help the defense adjust if the offense goes overboard with the passing to try to reduce the success of having such a pass-heavy offense.

By Wolfpack
9/29/2014 9:26 am
GG Atlanta.

By oukjweather
9/29/2014 9:34 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
GG, RW311820. We get a shutout on the road in Tennessee - I think that's my first shutout, period. Next up a big divisional game in San Diego.

As for the 400+ yard passers, I haven't done a ton of study but at first glance in general the yards per attempt is not much higher than it should be, but the # of attempts are pretty high, so I'm wondering if the game plans are heavy to the pass. I have some ideas to help the defense adjust if the offense goes overboard with the passing to try to reduce the success of having such a pass-heavy offense.

The one thought I have to that, is that if the defense can't cover the pass effectively and the offense has the players to overpower the defense with a heavy pass game plan, than 400+ yards of passing should not be unheard of. At some level the game is going to be different than the NFL, because the talent of the players in the league is different and the game plans people may decide to go with can be different than what coaches may go with. So I don't think there should be artificial controls to bring passing under 400 yards. However, I would say that if the defense has the proper talent, that excessive passing ought to lead to turnovers from jumped routes if the QB isn't experienced enough or doesn't throw an accurate enough ball. Defenses should be able to bait passes in some cases and intercept them. It would be interesting to see what the talent level of the offenses that had those 400 yard passers were and what the talent of the defenses they were facing.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/29/2014 9:43 am
oukjweather wrote:
The one thought I have to that, is that if the defense can't cover the pass effectively and the offense has the players to overpower the defense with a heavy pass game plan, than 400+ yards of passing should not be unheard of. At some level the game is going to be different than the NFL, because the talent of the players in the league is different and the game plans people may decide to go with can be different than what coaches may go with. So I don't think there should be artificial controls to bring passing under 400 yards. However, I would say that if the defense has the proper talent, that excessive passing ought to lead to turnovers from jumped routes if the QB isn't experienced enough or doesn't throw an accurate enough ball. Defenses should be able to bait passes in some cases and intercept them. It would be interesting to see what the talent level of the offenses that had those 400 yard passers were and what the talent of the defenses they were facing.

I am going to stay in keeping with this - but try to tilt the scales against players who may attempt to play out of balance. The plan I'm working on is that, after the first half, is the offense is unbalanced in either the run or pass, the defense will have a greater probability of calling the correct run/pass defense option. The spirit of this is to simulate the defense adjusting to a pass-heavy or run-heavy gameplan by the offense at halftime.

I have a version of this in testing and if it looks promising will try to deploy it in MFN-1 probably this week.