NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: San Francisco and Tennessee

By jsid
4/17/2015 1:01 pm
martinwarnett wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Morbid wrote:
66/66 ratings for me

I have 68/68, same as jsid

But... that figure obviously changes upon the weightings used. It's as simple as that. That's obviously going to change the way the trade bar displays.

The weightings I use put the guy 77/77 or so. The trade offered was valid based upon that - if I'd wanted parity then I'd have had to have jiggled things around trade wise, so offered the deal that the bar said was slightly in the other guys favour.

I need to get younger on the DL, after all.

I guess theoretically someone could jiggle the player weightings they use to demand the earth for a poor player. The trade recipient will view a deal based upon their bar, which can be affected by weightings.

There was no intent to flim-flam, mislead, abuse the process or rip someone off.

I don't think anyone is accusing you of any of those things. Everyone thinks you won the trade.

Re: Completed Trade: San Francisco and Tennessee

By martinwarnett
4/17/2015 1:03 pm
jsid wrote:
martinwarnett wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Morbid wrote:
66/66 ratings for me

I have 68/68, same as jsid

But... that figure obviously changes upon the weightings used. It's as simple as that. That's obviously going to change the way the trade bar displays.

The weightings I use put the guy 77/77 or so. The trade offered was valid based upon that - if I'd wanted parity then I'd have had to have jiggled things around trade wise, so offered the deal that the bar said was slightly in the other guys favour.

I need to get younger on the DL, after all.

I guess theoretically someone could jiggle the player weightings they use to demand the earth for a poor player. The trade recipient will view a deal based upon their bar, which can be affected by weightings.

There was no intent to flim-flam, mislead, abuse the process or rip someone off.

I don't think anyone is accusing you of any of those things. Everyone thinks you won the trade.

No, I know you didn't - day I've had ( wife insisted on new kitchen, paying for it herself - went internet route and seems we've been ripped off - thankfully just to the cost of a new gas hob, but... ) I wanted to get that point out there.

I'd say given the player weightings being different it's subjective really.