NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Trade Block

Re: 1.1 for sale

By raymattison21
7/03/2017 7:04 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
blackflys wrote:
Is that how the draft is going to be for now on? Why are you changing it? There's nothing wrong with it.

The main reason is to make the players less certain of what you're getting, to get better players in later rounds.

If the consensus is that it makes the draft worse, I will take it out. So please give your honest feedback - if more people voice that they dislike it than like it then I'll take it back out after the draft and throw the idea away.

why wasn't volatility kept hidden then. that's what made drafting even more safe in the first place. just cause some didn't understand it doesn't mean showing it didn't have value. not adjusting or playing with player cloaking for three drafts would be waste imo. compiling that system with combine scores is the way to go.....not every body makes it to the combine ...so how do they know how fast or strong they really are. Tom Brady says he's faster now than when he was a rookie, so static ratings with solid scores is not the only way to go.

and remember a predisposition towards something will only give a bias result. honesty is not always the best. the best thing here is to allow for the parity th e NFL has. that is what cause excitement. not safe draft picks.

trading in to the top ten cause it's a lock for a good player in not an NFL common strategy. garnering 3 to 5th round picks is though. here that is not as viable

By blackflys
7/03/2017 8:16 am

I do fine in the draft in every league I'm in. Obviously I have a fair share of guys who don't pan out but for the most part most my guys drafted before the fifth round all play a big roll for me eventually.

Are you expecting your 4-7 round pics to be stars? If it's not one thing it's another. if your winning everything is gravy. You hit on a high vol and you'll start a site wide post about him but turn the tables and the game needs to be fixed in every way possible.

By blackflys
7/03/2017 8:20 am
raymattison21 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
blackflys wrote:
Is that how the draft is going to be for now on? Why are you changing it? There's nothing wrong with it.

The main reason is to make the players less certain of what you're getting, to get better players in later rounds.

If the consensus is that it makes the draft worse, I will take it out. So please give your honest feedback - if more people voice that they dislike it than like it then I'll take it back out after the draft and throw the idea away.

why wasn't volatility kept hidden then. that's what made drafting even more safe in the first place. just cause some didn't understand it doesn't mean showing it didn't have value. not adjusting or playing with player cloaking for three drafts would be waste imo. compiling that system with combine scores is the way to go.....not every body makes it to the combine ...so how do they know how fast or strong they really are. Tom Brady says he's faster now than when he was a rookie, so static ratings with solid scores is not the only way to go.

and remember a predisposition towards something will only give a bias result. honesty is not always the best. the best thing here is to allow for the parity th e NFL has. that is what cause excitement. not safe draft picks.

trading in to the top ten cause it's a lock for a good player in not an NFL common strategy. garnering 3 to 5th round picks is though. here that is not as viable

Most of the college players go to the combine and if they don't they have pro day and if for some odd reason they don't do either they have the players whole college career on film and pay their scouts and coaches a lot of money to grade each player in every category. Any first round player will be graded on every attribute possible.

You thing a top LB or DBs speed is unknown? "Oh he might be fast but there is a chance he's actually real slow. Let's take a shot on him anyway" lol

By raymattison21
7/03/2017 1:53 pm
blackflys wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
blackflys wrote:

Most of the college players go to the combine and if they don't they have pro day and if for some odd reason they don't do either they have the players whole college career on film and pay their scouts and coaches a lot of money to grade each player in every category. Any first round player will be graded on every attribute possible.

You thing a top LB or DBs speed is unknown? "Oh he might be fast but there is a chance he's actually real slow. Let's take a shot on him anyway" lol

why did they pass up on sherman or Norman then? speed matters but not as much in real life lol

By raymattison21
7/03/2017 2:12 pm
blackflys wrote:

I do fine in the draft in every league I'm in. Obviously I have a fair share of guys who don't pan out but for the most part most my guys drafted before the fifth round all play a big roll for me eventually.

Are you expecting your 4-7 round pics to be stars? If it's not one thing it's another. if your winning everything is gravy. You hit on a high vol and you'll start a site wide post about him but turn the tables and the game needs to be fixed in every way possible.

you forgot about mfn1 s RB quinn DB Waldron and 75s DB Perkins and the famed LB brown. who were all high rated high volatility players and not to mention the 23 other players on my 75 roster and who knows how many countless late rounders from other leagues.

By blackflys
7/03/2017 2:48 pm

Sherman was A WR till junior year and him and harbaugh dident like each other so that prevented him from becoming popular. Norman dident make pro bowl till his 4th or 5th year.

Dude seriously your arguments are exhausting. You make bold statements but can clearly tell your not completely familiar with everything. The facts you do know comes from google search.

75? Did you even make he playoffs? Are you bragging about your drafted players?

The whole point of my posts were to stress my dislike with the new draft feature.

Your right speed isn't important for DBs in the NFL. How can you make these comments and then trade three firsts for one?

By raymattison21
7/03/2017 2:58 pm
blackflys wrote:

Sherman was A WR till junior year and him and harbaugh dident like each other so that prevented him from becoming popular. Norman dident make pro bowl till his 4th or 5th year.

Dude seriously your arguments are exhausting. You make bold statements but can clearly tell your not completely familiar with everything. The facts you do know comes from google search.

75? Did you even make he playoffs? Are you bragging about your drafted players?

The whole point of my posts were to stress my dislike with the new draft feature.

Your right speed isn't important for DBs in the NFL. How can you make these comments and then trade three firsts for one?

your proving my point so what does it matter to me. everyone one of your posts do that yet you ignore the fact I have something viable to add. if our tired just stop already.

By blackflys
7/03/2017 3:27 pm
I glanced at your last five drafts in league 1 after taking over NO

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/03/2017 3:27 pm
1.1 has been traded.