NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

[Poll] State of 0.4.3

How do you feel the current state of 0.4.3 is?

It's an improvement over 0.4.2 but still has some issues that need to be resolved
It's an improvement over 0.4.2 and is ready to be released
It's a step back from 0.4.2, but only needs a few tweaks to fix
I would rather play in a league running 0.4.2 because 0.4.3 is so bad

Re: [Poll] State of 0.4.3

By raymattison21
5/29/2018 3:21 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
The only major issue I see is unrelated . It is on goal line pitch plays to the RB get thrown 10 yards backward for a fumble . I see a few a game happening.

This has seemed to stop. Perhaps it was chance

By raymattison21
5/29/2018 3:59 pm
setherick wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
setherick wrote:
I said it was a step backward, but I want to change my answer to it's significantly worse than 0.4.2 after watching the MFN-1 games. Here's why:

0.4.2 - QBs are predictable in their reads. You know they are going to lock on to one receiver at a time and you can reasonably guess who the primary receiver is. This allows you to create situational and consistent game plans.

0.4.3 - ¯\_(?)_/¯

My deep passing plan was in all leagues . It so overpowered in 4.2. In 87 I got stomped by the cpu with that plan, but thier talent was much better . I actually have to gameplan now. Not just set it and go to any team.

I am in agreement that reads are unpredictable but in 4.3 They just don't throw it to primary target anymore . You actually might want to move your wr1 to the slot in order to get big numbers. We're gonna have to add the db locking on to a particular wr in order to combat this. But it causes more complex gameplanning from both sides of the ball imo. Which is a good thing.

I don't want big numbers, I want consistency in game planning. Right now, I can set up a game play that reliably throws 60-65% with a 2.5-3 : 1 TD:INT ratio. In 0.4.3 - at least whatever has been deployed right now - every play is a roll of the dice and most dice rolls end up in double coverage.

I'm not even going to mention how bad the distance penalties have gotten.

I am not getting much consistency from any of my qbs. Except thier pretty bad at shorter routes and my rbs dive for most of thier catches. Those posts flags and slants seems like the way to go now, but is it making sense ?

On the other hand I love my dbs taking get back short passes for tds!

I feel like crowding the middle on defense to stop slots and tes, but my last game was filled with catch overs. So I guess the stutter is getting better. I want to see rbs getting 5 to 10 yards per catch. Not 1 to 5. And I wish to see those wrs yards per catch to drop to 10 to 15 yards not 12 to 30 plus.

By setherick
5/29/2018 5:52 pm
Pretty sure that RBs are having to dive for swing passes because of the distance travel on the pass. They only go 1 or 2 yards up field usually, but they go 10-15 yards through the air if not more.

By raymattison21
5/29/2018 6:33 pm
setherick wrote:
Pretty sure that RBs are having to dive for swing passes because of the distance travel on the pass. They only go 1 or 2 yards up field usually, but they go 10-15 yards through the air if not more.

10- 15 through the air on a swing near the line of scrimmage should be an adjustment most of the time not a dive. Yes irl those throws in the dirt the happen but most dives are on longer passes .

The further the pass travels in the air the more chance of a dive should happen. Or an adjustment for that matter. But I am not sure it happens that way. Or it needs to be tweaked.

I could see it happening at our current rate if the backs were 10 or 15 yard down feild, a 30 yards in the air. Right now 10-15 yard passes are riddled with these adjustments and dives. Doesn't seem to matter the qb accuracy/arm, the wrs route/courage. As they happen on all shorter routes too often.

I wonder jbds logic here?

I am assuming all these factors play a part , including pressure , but I am wondering at what rate should these dive/ adjustments take place. Is the verbage not appearing on incompletes, but guys are diving? Cause I see the scale as being linear and not really matter in how far the throw actually travels.

By setherick
5/29/2018 6:38 pm
I didn't say I agreed with it. It's just what I've observed.