NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Testing, testing....

By TheAdmiral
6/06/2020 5:40 am
As MFN-1 is a Beta test league are we assigned particular parts of play to test? In which case what areas of the game are being tested right now and what are we looking to find the limits of specifically?

Re: Testing, testing....

By raymattison21
6/06/2020 6:23 am
By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/20/2020 5:26 pm
I am going to roll in a possible fix for the punt block issue at the start of next season that basically changes the weight difference between a blocker and blockee part of the blocking algorithm to be exponential instead of linear, so that hopefully the small, quick rusher can't beat the larger blocker so easily. I am going to wait until after the end of the season to push the patch, but if after a little bit it looks good (or we take some time to work out the balance) I'll include this in the expanded playoff team update. The other changes here in Beta will continue to remain in beta.

I'd like some volunteers to try to break the new code next season, especially if you are already using the punt block scheme that this is intended to fix

Re: Testing, testing....

By TarquinTheDark
6/06/2020 7:55 am
Discussion of the current version & current testing will be in the sticky thread at the top of Beta Chat forum. When a new version comes out a new sticky is created, and the last one becomes a regular thread.

Here's the current sticky:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/forums/6/2056