NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

2023 changes feedback

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/13/2015 8:57 am
I did a few changes in the 2023 season for the passing game:

* WR's should not be breaking tackles as much as before
* DL pressure should have an increased impact on the accuracy of the QB and should be documented in the play-by-play

A cursory look at the scores is interesting because I wasn't expecting them to be higher with these changes - so would love to hear any thoughts on the effectiveness/lack thereof with these changes.

Re: 2023 changes feedback

By Gustoon
7/14/2015 5:39 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
I did a few changes in the 2023 season for the passing game:

* WR's should not be breaking tackles as much as before
* DL pressure should have an increased impact on the accuracy of the QB and should be documented in the play-by-play

A cursory look at the scores is interesting because I wasn't expecting them to be higher with these changes - so would love to hear any thoughts on the effectiveness/lack thereof with these changes.

Love these changes

By Morbid
7/14/2015 1:13 pm
I honestly havnt watched a game yet in this league.

By Black Adder
7/17/2015 6:33 am
JDB,

I understand its pre-season and it`s so difficult to see who`s on the field on KO/Punt returns (starters,back-ups/both) but the returns ,especially on punts,seem excessively long and often.

Hoping it calms down once we get into the regular season.

just my 50p`s worth.

By Davesgang
7/17/2015 2:31 pm
I like seeing the pressure notation. Could I ask for more color commentary like missed tackle/juked/stiff armed/crushing hit/jumped over/diving tackle/etc...

At first glance I'm getting about the same pressure with dline, but more sacks with lb's/safety blitzes

By RLWJR
7/17/2015 9:02 pm
I will agree that I'm seeing better pressure from the LB/S blitzes. QB still seems too good to me under pressure though.

By Wolfpack
7/20/2015 2:27 pm
That was the first game that I actually watched.

I didn't notice much in the way of better DL/OL interaction or block shedding, seems very close to last year although it was just a single game. My team had 2 sacks and the opposing team 1. My running game was also way down on YPC but again, that might be just a game plan issue.

Had another Punt Return for a TD and I think the ST return guys hold their blocks too long still and end up bunched up.

5 fumbles.

By Tecra031
7/20/2015 3:31 pm
QBs breaking tackles the way they do is still frustrating. QBs in the NFL mostly go down fast or slide, not break tackles like a RB.

By oukjweather
7/20/2015 4:07 pm
I'm seeing a significant improvement in my games. I have what I would call an elite dline and last season struggled to get sacks only averaging 1 per game. During the preseason and through the first game I am seeing a significant improvement. I'm getting much better pressure on the qb and slowing the run game down, I recorded 5 sacks in my last game. I'm liking what I am seeing.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/20/2015 7:10 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
QBs breaking tackles the way they do is still frustrating. QBs in the NFL mostly go down fast or slide, not break tackles like a RB.

I'm going to make a tweak to this for the next game.