NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Player opinion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/29/2016 6:48 am
New feature in beta (preview only) - player opinion of you. You may have noticed it on the player page, it now shows up in the main roster list, and an unhappy player will not renegotiate with your team. Feel free to give feedback - of course for now you can go to the old version and still make offers to those players, and again it is only in MFN-1.

Re: Player opinion

By Morbid
3/29/2016 8:05 am
I like this feature

By Wolfpack
3/29/2016 3:22 pm
Great feature.

What are the general parameters going on? I'd assuming starting and playing time?

What's the ETA on the old interface going away?

3/29/2016 4:19 pm
Wolfpack wrote:
Great feature.

What are the general parameters going on? I'd assuming starting and playing time?

What's the ETA on the old interface going away?

Pretty much starting and playing time (not the amount of playing time, but whether they get playing time). The higher the rating for a player, the greater the impact on his opinion (i.e. a 99-rated player will get upset faster if he doesn't play than a 50-rated player will). The other factor is that if you cut or trade a player he will dislike you for a while. So if you cut a player you won't be able to re-sign him for a cheap contract for a while.

3/29/2016 4:20 pm
Oh, and on the interface switch, I think we're getting close - I had initially intended to roll it over this coming weekend but there are still a few issues that are cropping up, so I'm going to give it just a little bit more time.

By DarkRogue
3/30/2016 4:22 am
On the player card under the ratings tab the order of the attributes is different on the new interface, personally I've grown acustom to the old order and find chaning the order of those to be a bit confusing.

By WarEagle
3/30/2016 10:11 am
How long will it take before rookies are unhappy they aren't getting playing time and won't resign?

How many games does it take before a player thinks he isn't getting any playing time?

Do preseason games count?

Are we ever going to be able to set playing time by position? This should have been implemented BEFORE this change, in my opinion.

Thanks
Last edited at 3/30/2016 10:12 am

3/30/2016 10:17 am
WarEagle wrote:
How long will it take before rookies are unhappy they aren't getting playing time and won't resign?

How many games does it take before a player thinks he isn't getting any playing time?

Do preseason games count?

Are we ever going to be able to set playing time by position? This should have been implemented BEFORE this change, in my opinion.

Thanks

Preseason games don't count. You can look at your roster now in MFN-1 to see the attitudes of your players - the calculations have been running all season.

This won't make general release until you have more control of playing time, which is high on the list.

By Black Adder
3/30/2016 2:01 pm
JDB,

So a player only has to play in a few plays a game to be always happy?

Does his age/experience matter,ie a 10 year vet will get unhappy with lack of playing time, faster than a 5 year player?

Last edited at 3/30/2016 2:05 pm

3/30/2016 2:09 pm
Black Adder wrote:
JDB,

So a player only has to play in a few plays a game to be always happy?

Does his age/experience matter,ie a 10 year vet will get unhappy with lack of playing time, faster than a 5 year player?

It's more if he plays, his happiness increases, if he starts it increases more. If he doesn't start, it decreases relative to his current attribute score (higher scores make him more unhappy) and his injury status (if he is injured he is less likely to become unhappy about not starting).