NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Phantom Playbook

By Firefly
9/27/2013 11:33 am
It is not that, JD. I only had three inside runs in the gameplan and I haven't changed that for a while. When we started running inside all the time against SD in the 1st quarter, I immediately went to check my offensive plays and we had nine inside runs. Also, I haven't had a full complement of defensive plays since last year, I have 30 now.

I have now checked my offensive gameplan and it is completely different from what I had. I also tested to see if this was the AI making adjustments. I hit the recommend button and it gave me a bit different offensive gameplan. That's not consistent with an auto, unless the AI changes its recommendations from week to week. Also, my depth chart was untouched.

This smells to me of human "intervention", if you know what I mean, trying to disguise it as an AI thing. As a precaution, I have changed my password.
Last edited at 9/27/2013 11:36 am

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/27/2013 11:41 am
The AI will make a different recommendation based on your upcoming opponent, so it might have been something that tripped an AI on a previous week.

By Firefly
9/27/2013 12:07 pm
Good to know. So maybe it was that. Did you check to see if the AI made its adjustments in the midweek?

9/27/2013 12:13 pm
Firefly wrote:
Good to know. So maybe it was that. Did you check to see if the AI made its adjustments in the midweek?

The AI only checks the game plans right before simming the games, so it wouldn't have looked at it during the midweek stage.

By Firefly
9/27/2013 12:19 pm
And yet, if it didn't make any changes at the game stage, it must have done them at some point before that... unless it was hacking after all.

By the way, I didn't have a copy of my gameplan. Would it be possible to maybe make one for me from any past game? I hope so, I'm dreading to have to go through it all again.

9/27/2013 12:27 pm
Firefly wrote:
And yet, if it didn't make any changes at the game stage, it must have done them at some point before that... unless it was hacking after all.

By the way, I didn't have a copy of my gameplan. Would it be possible to maybe make one for me from any past game? I hope so, I'm dreading to have to go through it all again.

I can restore the database to any point in time in the last 2 weeks but it takes about 2 hours and is in an isolated environment. I can copy from that to this one, but I'd actually be a little nervous about trying to copy a game plan that way without messing up someone else's.

By Firefly
9/27/2013 12:28 pm
Too bad, then, no worries. I guess it'll also complicate looking for the culprit.

By nero
9/27/2013 1:38 pm
I've only seen my gameplan reset

I think the Gameplan Adjustment Speed slider is a good idea in general but it can't be as touchy as you say it is. I also think this is a concept that has had difficulty translating from the idea in your head into something that everyone can easily understand and digest.

As for my team going to shorter plays that's fine and not the issue at all. In case this wasn't clear, what is an issue is that I'm running plays that aren't in my playbook at all.

Right now I only have a single inside running play selected in my playbook. Inside runs are set to absolute 0 on all 1st, 2nd and 3rd downs and as we rarely play from behind there aren't any cases that I can remember where we went for it on 4th down. 4th down is the only area of my gameplan where inside runs are set to happen.

So one of two things is happening...

1) The game thinks 4th down is happening before it does and applying those plays.
2) The game is overriding my play selection with whatever it wants.

I had considered a 3rd option, that they were outside runs that my RB then changed to an inside run because there was a better hole to the inside but that's not the case looking at the play by play and watching the game agasin.

By nero
9/27/2013 1:42 pm
I should also add, if you remember Jon there was that issue with my QB depth chart a few months ago so I've been checking and double checking and reloading screens to make sure that my changes have stuck, and they have. I have yet to see that be a problem.

FF, I don't think that this is an issue of access. If someone wanted to hack your team they'd bench your top QB and RB.

9/27/2013 1:45 pm
Another possible option is that some inside run plays are actually marked as outside run plays. If you give me a list of play id's I can tell you what play was ran and what type of play it was (info that hopefully will make its way to the game log)