NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Testing a broken play

By shauma_llama
6/14/2019 11:48 pm
Still trying to figure out how to avoid getting keyed to death in the second half. I don't think it actually has anything to do with "play overuse". I think it's based on formations. "Oh, this is the sixth time you've run a play out of the 2-1-2 with split backs, I will magically key correctly on every play you call out out of this formation the rest of the game. A surprise run on 2nd & 12, yes, I'll be run-keying..."
Last edited at 6/14/2019 11:49 pm

By TarquinTheDark
6/30/2019 10:19 am
I'm changing my tune. After looking all my leagues (not just my best 3), I agree that for me this is one of the top 3 broken plays. The other two are 2-1 HB Flare (Short) and 0-1 Slot Crosses. Time to start looking at the Xs and Os.

By punisher
6/30/2019 5:11 pm
TarquinTheDark wrote:
I'm changing my tune. After looking all my leagues (not just my best 3), I agree that for me this is one of the top 3 broken plays. The other two are 2-1 HB Flare (Short) and 0-1 Slot Crosses. Time to start looking at the Xs and Os.

actually i think it is time for a system to be in place where either JDB can remove play if it is shown it is overpowering and/or where he can see if it is or really power should be given to either a member and/or league admin to remove the play from their playbook , black it out , disable the play , etc. so that way if someone thinks a play is too overpowering they could just remove where it wont be on their team page .

awhile i am at it i think the punt block exploit where people put the fastest people on ST BLOCKER would go away if you disabled the ST BLOCKER , remove the ST BLOCKER until a fix can be had , etc. or at least make it where people can only use their fastest people on it if they have ton of injuries or where it is up to the league admin to allow it or not.

By shauma_llama
7/01/2019 7:59 am
I've noticed that HB Flare as well. Hadn't brought it up in my main league as we have enough 9-6 games as it is. It seems like there are a lot of plays where if the spilt-end runs a post pattern it has a pretty high chance of breaking for a long gain. I think the heavy blitzing most people do contributes to all the plays being broken for a TD. No safety help on a play like that, you're in trouble. With my main team I've stopped calling blitzes since you're extremely unlikely to get a sack anyway, and why open holes in my defense when almost-all the TDs that are happening are 40+ yard passes where the CB got beat on a post/skinny-post/slant/square-in, etc.
Last edited at 7/01/2019 9:04 am

By Duval
7/05/2019 10:48 am
shauma_llama wrote:
I've noticed that HB Flare as well. Hadn't brought it up in my main league as we have enough 9-6 games as it is. It seems like there are a lot of plays where if the spilt-end runs a post pattern it has a pretty high chance of breaking for a long gain. I think the heavy blitzing most people do contributes to all the plays being broken for a TD. No safety help on a play like that, you're in trouble. With my main team I've stopped calling blitzes since you're extremely unlikely to get a sack anyway, and why open holes in my defense when almost-all the TDs that are happening are 40+ yard passes where the CB got beat on a post/skinny-post/slant/square-in, etc.

The halfback dump off route from most formations is exploitable. My last several matches in my leagues, I've spent, no kidding, several hours planning against each of these teams. Halfback routes with WR lined up as the back over and over. I quite literally knew exactly what plays, how often.. everything I could possibly do with the leagues best defense and it's not even remotely effective enough to stop those routes.

For what it's worth, I really.. really am trying to exhaust everything I can to prove to myself that this game isn't really just a game of a few plays (routes) being exploited, and by that I mean just running the same route via different formations over and over. The thing about slant routes and hook patterns is you actually have a few plays that CAN put you in a better position to have a reasonable chance to stop the play. Not on the checkdowns. The LB will not stay in front of or even run with the RB no matter how long the play takes to develop. He stops and just watches the RB run past and then has to make the stop from behind..good QB, Good RB.. and that's it folks.

I'm not trying to be an ***hole, but seriously how can this kind of basic stuff not be addressed... immediately. If anything, just make it so if you lineup a WR in a RB slot more than a hand full of times a game (to allow for a few tricks or gimmicks) each play past the 4th is a 50% increase to injury, make it so severe they stop. I may sound a little frustrated, but I'm giving your game a few hours of my life a day, I'm posting to try and help other players.. I'm doing what I can, but frankly I will not stay if this kind of stuff isn't addressed soon.

By shauma_llama
7/05/2019 11:09 am
oh yeah, all the players playing WRs as RBs, some don't even have RBs on their roster.

By raymattison21
7/05/2019 11:22 am
I commented on this LBer stopping in 4.5. Mfn1 were on some version of 4.6 where I experienced this last game. The only way to moderate it is having higher speed and cover ratings matched vs. The back in that set. I am pretty sure the cover guys are losing a roll somewhere and they can't recover in time.

I think seth has said something like switching your wlb and mlb in nickle through overrides to ensure the same guy will cover the back to possibly lower the damage .

With qbs not targeting backs as much in this version of 4.6 my numbers here are way down for this said exploit . But really I think it comes down to those several ratings . First not getting jammed by the bump or route rating then using speed/acceleration numbers to create more space . Of course you need to catch it so courage and catch does something too.

But really the select plays that work are based on the select defensive plays that function properly as well. Right now that's highlighted in the under cover game cause of the holes in coverage .

For this beta test I picked all the plays that don't work on offense and they have performed ok. This big difference was only using the defensive plays in which I though we're not easily exposed .

Somehow we won again but it because of the defense . Man unDer has always been over powered and its because of this discrepancy . The game not perfect but it's still in the early stages. Linking particular plays with said bugs will get them fixed faster, but with only one test league that process may not be as fast as one would like.

Simply said get some faster guys and high route/ man and play man under if you don't want it to look so bad. But that all I got hope it helps

By punisher
7/05/2019 12:31 pm
--------------
Last edited at 7/08/2019 11:40 am

Broken Play: 1-1-3 HB Flare

By shauma_llama
7/10/2019 11:16 pm
It looks like nothing can stop this play, anyone got any suggestions?

Re: Broken Play: 1-1-3 HB Flare

By TarquinTheDark
7/11/2019 12:17 am
Substitute a fast OLB over to MLB for nickel defenses in order to cover the outlet back (as seth and Ray said for the other play). Of course you need a fast secondary for all the other streaks and slants. Doesn't stop these plays, but limits the damage. Maybe this one will be less effective against zone, if that is working better.
Last edited at 7/11/2019 12:21 am