NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2019 playoffs

By Detroit Leo
11/06/2014 2:35 am
chinaski wrote:
GG Leo. I knew you figured out how to stop the sweep, so I was hoping for the best. We had a shot but stupid AI decisions stripped us of a chance. No mention of our kicker being hurt, yet our punter comes on for a xp and misses? Then were down 9 with 6 to play and we go for an onside? So many wtfs in this game, pretty frustrating, but we were due for a loss and you deserved to win it. GL in the bowl.

That game was insane. Such a HUGE lead and I thought you were somehow going to steal it. Fortunately my QBs 9 TDs were enough. Haha. Pursuit angles really need to be corrected though. Will bring down passing yardage, slow down sweeps and add a few more sacks for defenses. I have to imagine that this has to be a very high priority. The comeback mechanic is also a pain. When I have a large lead (most games) the opposing offense often becomes unstoppable and my offense suddenly cannot complete anything. LOL
Last edited at 11/06/2014 2:40 am

By JCSwishMan33
11/06/2014 7:47 am
Mein Gott, the points being put up in these playoffs... It's like watching college games!

I would both like to see, and not like to see someone break triple digits in the championship game.
Last edited at 11/06/2014 7:48 am

By Tecra031
11/06/2014 8:41 am
GG IND,

It was a 1 score game at the half after the 2nd qtr comeback and thought this would be tight until the end. Luckily we were able to pull away in the 2nd half and had some timely knock downs against your passing game by my secondary.

Now to face the AZ offense, which terrifies my Defensive Coordinator. Not sure we will be able to slow down that team, but will work on some surprises for the Superbowl.

By Detroit Leo
11/06/2014 8:53 am
Tecra031 wrote:
GG IND,

It was a 1 score game at the half after the 2nd qtr comeback and thought this would be tight until the end. Luckily we were able to pull away in the 2nd half and had some timely knock downs against your passing game by my secondary.

Now to face the AZ offense, which terrifies my Defensive Coordinator. Not sure we will be able to slow down that team, but will work on some surprises for the Superbowl.

Offense has certainly been rumbling for ARZ all season. Wonder if anybody will steal this OC away from me despite his low ratings haha. Should be a good game though. My defense cannot seem to slow much down as teams have scored many points against me as well.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/06/2014 9:47 am
I watched some of the long runs this morning and am not real sure if a recent change broke the pursuit, but especially the safeties have had terrible pursuit angles lately. I just pushed a small tweak that I'm hoping fixes it.

By Tecra031
11/06/2014 10:00 am
What are the tweaks? Kind of important to note them if you are making changes before the Superbowl. On that note, my preference would be not to make game changes during the playoffs.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/06/2014 10:11 am
Tecra031 wrote:
What are the tweaks? Kind of important to note them if you are making changes before the Superbowl. On that note, my preference would be not to make game changes during the playoffs.

1) The sweeps make their turn forward 1 yard deeper in the backfield
2) The pursuit algorithm has several different decisions based on the speed and relative direction of the ballcarrier. One of the decisions is to run straight toward the ballcarrier if he is running below a certain speed instead of trying to pursue the angle. I reduced the speed that this is triggered, so the DB's should have a better angle of pursuit (if indeed this is the reason that the pursuit is off)

If you both want me to wait for the changes until the offseason I will, I was just interested in seeing if this indeed slows down some of the super scoring we're getting.

By Detroit Leo
11/06/2014 11:28 am
I am good with it either way. Seems to me that the pursuit issue lies directly with the fact that defensive players run to where the ball is as opposed to actually taking a proper line of pursuit. I base this off of a previous post you made and just watching games as defenders always seem to form a line when running after anything (QB, RB or WR). The broken mechanic shows up the most on sweeps and when a QB rolls out of the pocket.

By Firefly
11/06/2014 11:35 am
Detroit Leo wrote:
I am good with it either way. Seems to me that the pursuit issue lies directly with the fact that defensive players run to where the ball is as opposed to actually taking a proper line of pursuit. I base this off of a previous post you made and just watching games as defenders always seem to form a line when running after anything (QB, RB or WR). The broken mechanic shows up the most on sweeps and when a QB rolls out of the pocket.

I don't think this is new, either. Or was it gone for a while? My impression is that's why it's always been difficult to stop the sweeps, even if you leave a CB home on the outside he'll take the wrong angle and miss the tackle. The frustrating thing is that sometimes the CB will apparently go right through the ball-carrier, to no avail

By Detroit Leo
11/06/2014 11:45 am
Firefly wrote:
Detroit Leo wrote:

I don't think this is new, either. Or was it gone for a while? My impression is that's why it's always been difficult to stop the sweeps, even if you leave a CB home on the outside he'll take the wrong angle and miss the tackle. The frustrating thing is that sometimes the CB will apparently go right through the ball-carrier, to no avail

No it is not new but I would have to think that it would be the "correct" fix for the sim. The other changes are fine for a temporary change I suppose but would have to be rolled back when pursuit angles are fixed.