NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Training Camp

By DarkRogue
9/19/2015 9:03 am
Any time you can go through training camp with only one guy losing future rating I'd say that's pretty good. Especially considering my top QB pick wasn't the guy to decline.

Re: Training Camp

By jsid
9/19/2015 12:49 pm
DarkRogue wrote:
Any time you can go through training camp with only one guy losing future rating I'd say that's pretty good. Especially considering my top QB pick wasn't the guy to decline.

Very vanilla Training Camp for me. No huge booms, lotta guys lost future ranking, but my team is filled with geriatrics, so I can't say I din't see that coming and there wasn't any huge busts either.

C+ training camp for ATL.

By DarkRogue
9/19/2015 1:57 pm
jsid wrote:
DarkRogue wrote:

Very vanilla Training Camp for me. No huge booms, lotta guys lost future ranking, but my team is filled with geriatrics, so I can't say I din't see that coming and there wasn't any huge busts either.

C+ training camp for ATL.

Well I meant only one guy among my rookies.

By Tecra031
9/19/2015 4:33 pm
Mine was fairly average, with most players losing 1-2 future ratings. And then there was this 3rd round rookie who took a dive during camp.... http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/9927

By Mr.Krazy
9/20/2015 1:50 pm
My Camp was not so hot this year with most of my picks taking a hit in future ratings, even my 1st rounder did.

(1.24) WR Joseph Daniels +1/-3 42/66 My stretch for a decent WR in the 1st round did not go as expected as the Indiana Receiver did not live up to his hype. Poor choice by us.

(2.23) LDE William Carpenter +2/-2 33/68 The 2nd rounder from Grinnell was projected to be a reliable backup this upcoming season, but after TC, he'll have to show up in preseason to make the backup role.

(3.24) LT Stephen Johnson 0/-6 31/60 The first 3 rounds for Dallas were some of the worst in recent memory with this long shot converted TE into LT. This is the 2nd straight year Dallas has drafted a LT who went down in potential.

(5.24) CB Roy Thomas +1/+4 26/61 After not having a 4th round pick due to a trade, we made our best pick of the draft with Thomas. The Friends college corner showed great versatility and could be a steal from the draft if he continues to improve.

(6.23) FS Arthur Perry +4/-3 27/48 The West Virginia Safety will have to do as our Backup FS as he is cheap and will hold the position together for now.

(7.24) RB Jeffrey Allen +1/+1 23/43 In what was one of the more interesting draft picks, Dallas originally drafted this punter from Northeastern. Dallas then cut him, then resigned him as a Running Back. Yes, a RB... He has shown potential at the position too as this was the only other pick made by Dallas where the player went up in potential.

As a bonus here is Undrafted rookie Defensive End Foster Drews Training Camp report.

(Undrafted) RDE Foster Drews +2/-1 30/51 We saw the Virginia DE as a potential 3rd stringer that can slowly progress forward in case if an injury plagued season were upon us.
Last edited at 9/20/2015 1:52 pm

By Davesgang
9/20/2015 2:52 pm
1.23 Curt Castilleja - CB Will be our number 1 CB for the next decade. I've been trying to draft a guy like this for many seasons.
+12/+2 59/86

3.17 John Chavez - QB Will be our back up, and eventually may develop into the starter if he continues to get better. Pure value pick.
+6/+2 38/75

3.23 Todd Smith - SS Backup Safety.
36/70 +6/+0

4.23 George Benson - TE Will probably stick as our #3 Tight End.
31/63 +2/+0

5.23 William Gonzalez - WR Shotgun drafting WR's late in the draft.
Rating: 30/58 +2/+1

6.23 Robert Sander - WR Shotgun drafting WR's late in the draft. Might have a hit here.
Rating: 27/56 +5/+4

7.23 Thomas Moore - WR Won't make the team.
Rating: 30/48 +2/-1

Overall very happy with this draft. Still wishing I hadn't made the trade for the second round pick and missed out on that DE, but it turns out he went From Start: +4/-9 and is now 41/70.

By DarkRogue
9/20/2015 3:00 pm
(1.6) QB Mitchel Reece +2/+0 48/97 Cincinnati drafted Reece with the 6th overall pick to be the future of the franchise. After a solid training camp they look to have nailed the pick and look primed to have the QB position settled for the next 10-15 seasons.

(2.8) RT Brian Ivey +2/-4 38/81 Cincinnati took Ivey in the 2nd round to be the future at right tackle and to protect the franchise QB they had just drafted a round earlier. He had a bit of a disappointing training camp but still projects as the starting right tackle with no better options at the position.

(3.7) LG Gregory Dodge +9/+4 42/84 Cincinnati looked to continue to build their offensive line in round 3. They took this college center and converted him to left guard, Dodge had a great training camp playing even better than they expected and putting on 4 pounds to get up to 298 pounds to better fit what the team prefers size wise for the position.

(4.6) DT Chester Rhoades +2/+1 29/72 The team drafted Rhoades in the 4th round in hopes that he could develop into a solid run stuffing defensive tackle. He had a solid camp and will start for the team as they look to establish a strong youth movement.

(4.30) RT Alan Wright +3/+2 35/69 At this point in the draft this is simply what the team felt like was the best play available. He has great size for the position and churned out a very solid camp. He'll slide in very nicely as a project at the position and solid backup.

(5.8) HB Jason Colbert +2/+2 29/62 With no talent at the position on the team they took a project in the 5th round at HB. He doesn't the speed or hands that the team would have preferred but he could slide into the starting position this season and be a decent backup option going forward.

(6.7) HB David Sipos +2/+2 32/59 Taken at this point simply because of his speed, the team is happy with the camp he had, he will compete for the starting HB spot along with Jason Colbert.

(7.6) Melvin Shaw +3/+1 38/61 Team owner and GM DarkRogue was taking a nap at this point in the draft so he let his 4 year old son pick, needless to say this guy won't be on the team long.

By Morbid
9/21/2015 1:19 pm
my top 3 draft picks had -1

didnt have many gains on my team besides rookie bench players so not a very good camp for me

By Tecra031
9/21/2015 1:32 pm
I notice in general that each training camp I experience more losers than winners. A little disheartening.

By oukjweather
9/21/2015 2:12 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
I notice in general that each training camp I experience more losers than winners. A little disheartening.

I experience this too. This training camp I had 29 people experience loss in their future ratings, 9 of whom were rookies. I had 9 people who gained on their future rating, only 1 of whom was a rookie. Of the 9 rookies who lost on their future ratings, 1 was a catastrophic fall of -12 points (a late 3rd round pick), another 5 were significant falls between -9 and -5 points. The one rookie who gained on their future rating, was a minor gain of 3 points. To sum it all up, my team regressed far more than it gained. Given the large sample size I had in this draft, I was expecting a better outcome than this, it is very disheartening. Statistically speaking, it would seem I have very bad luck at this.