NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Free Agency 2025

By Tecra031
11/17/2015 6:01 pm
Black Adder wrote:
My 50p view,

BONKERS!

From someone on another post on the forum stating not to offer him "silly trades" (oakbark) ,with NY in this league, he signs a 15 year vet with a SEVENTY % chance of retiring, a 5 year $22.3 million contract!!!

RIDICULOUS.

All teams have too much Cap space right now.

+1

Most of his contract offers for 40% or 50% retire probability players are 4-5 years for 20-30mil. NYK will be unusable for several seasons.

As for too much cap space...i am starting to feel a little bit of the squeeze. I still have 43m in cap space, so i am not in dire straits...but you can no longer resign rookies or even vets to incredibly low contracts. I have had to fork out some big bucks to re-sign my better players. I think the cap space issue will normalize in the not too distant future the way JDB changed the structure for re-signing players.

By Gustoon
11/18/2015 1:13 am
Tecra031 wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
My 50p view,

BONKERS!

From someone on another post on the forum stating not to offer him "silly trades" (oakbark) ,with NY in this league, he signs a 15 year vet with a SEVENTY % chance of retiring, a 5 year $22.3 million contract!!!

RIDICULOUS.

+1

Most of his contract offers for 40% or 50% retire probability players are 4-5 years for 20-30mil. NYK will be unusable for several seasons.

As for too much cap space...i am starting to feel a little bit of the squeeze. I still have 43m in cap space, so i am not in dire straits...but you can no longer resign rookies or even vets to incredibly low contracts. I have had to fork out some big bucks to re-sign my better players. I think the cap space issue will normalize in the not too distant future the way JDB changed the structure for re-signing players.

What concerns me about this is when that does happen , that owner can simply walk away leaving a right mess behind him, and as you say in this case the team will be in dire straits for seasons to come. (This isn't a personal attack on NY)

By Wolfpack
11/18/2015 8:18 am
Top Player salaries are still too low I think.

By martinwarnett
11/18/2015 9:44 am
Gustoon wrote:
Tecra031 wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
My 50p view,

BONKERS!

RIDICULOUS.

+1

What concerns me about this is when that does happen , that owner can simply walk away leaving a right mess behind him, and as you say in this case the team will be in dire straits for seasons to come. (This isn't a personal attack on NY)

Sounds to me like some semblance of auto-correction of contracts is needed - when team owner leaves some kind of automatic recognition of such bad contracts is required, then auto-adjust those contracts to more reasonable values. That way new owner doesn't inherit team in cap ****.

By Gustoon
11/19/2015 10:32 am
What the holy **** is going on here?

DT Javier Neely
Signed contract with St. Louis ($24,500,332, 2 yrs) (from KCY)
2025 2025 Free Agency 3
DT Javier Neely
Rejected contract offer from Chicago ($35,413,833, 6 yrs)
2025 2025 Free Agency 3
DT Javier Neely
Rejected contract offer from Baltimore ($1,495,587, 1 yrs)
2025 2025 Free Agency 3
DT Javier Neely
Rejected contract offer from New Jersey ($11,236,429, 2 yrs)
2025 2025 Free Agency 3
DT Javier Neely
Rejected contract offer from Kansas City ($1,495,589, 1 yrs)

That is just INSANE.
BTW 30% chance of retirement which means zip as we've all had players suddenly go on these %s. St.Louis isn't owned by anybody, its CPU. So if the CPU is making these kind of offers...?

By Morbid
11/19/2015 11:13 am
I had so much cap space and needs that I did send a lot of 1 year contracts at high prices. Some I signed and some I didnt. Still sitting with 45 mil in cap space

By Gustoon
11/19/2015 11:20 am
I have tons of cap space too, but looking at this FA just does nothing for me and can't see what the point of signing old Vets is. I know we were in the POs, but feel we did get lucky on occasions, as far as I'm concerned this is Zona's last year of rebuild, next season...!!!

By Morbid
11/19/2015 11:22 am
Gustoon wrote:
I have tons of cap space too, but looking at this FA just does nothing for me and can't see what the point of signing old Vets is. I know we were in the POs, but feel we did get lucky on occasions, as far as I'm concerned this is Zona's last year of rebuild, next season...!!!

I am rebuilding as well but I still try and compete. **** half these old players probably played for me last season..lol

By Gustoon
11/19/2015 11:24 am
Oh don't get me wrong I'll be going all out to win every game,. just not with old dudes (I'm an old dude)

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/19/2015 8:30 pm
Look at the contract though, it's mostly base salary. Which means Chicago's offer must have been a really low bonus as well.

Year Salary Bonus
2025 $9,018,528 $3,006,175
2026 $9,469,454 $3,006,175