NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Waiver Wire

By WarEagle
12/20/2016 9:47 am
Good point. I hadn't tried this yet.

My understanding is you take over whatever is left on the contract. But, we'd need to be able to see those details.

Also, if there is only one year left I think we should be able to re-sign them.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/20/2016 10:24 am
Black Adder wrote:
JDB,

So if you put in a bid for a player off waivers,if successful,you sign him to a 1 year base value contract,yes?

Do you get a chance to offer him a extended contract,once he`s on your team?

I`m not too up on waiver wire stuff,

thanks.

Basically if you sign a waiver wire player you take over his contract without the bonus. So you are under the same restrictions as the original team was. If he signed the contract that year, you won't be able to renegotiate it, but if he signed his contract in a previous year you will be able to (even if he is in the last year of the contract). You should get a warning if the original contract was a 1-year deal stating that you won't be able to renegotiate before he becomes a free agent.
Last edited at 12/20/2016 10:25 am

12/20/2016 10:25 am
Last edited at 12/20/2016 10:25 am

By Black Adder
12/20/2016 11:06 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
JDB,

So if you put in a bid for a player off waivers,if successful,you sign him to a 1 year base value contract,yes?

Do you get a chance to offer him a extended contract,once he`s on your team?

I`m not too up on waiver wire stuff,

thanks.

Basically if you sign a waiver wire player you take over his contract without the bonus. So you are under the same restrictions as the original team was. If he signed the contract that year, you won't be able to renegotiate it, but if he signed his contract in a previous year you will be able to (even if he is in the last year of the contract). You should get a warning if the original contract was a 1-year deal stating that you won't be able to renegotiate before he becomes a free agent.

Thanks for that.

Not sure if it`s working as it should.

https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/11675 CB Dennis Smith.

He was drafted by BAL 4.13,is in his 2nd year,but has no contract to "take over"?

12/20/2016 11:08 am
If you click 'claim off waivers' you will get the contract offer dialog, only you will not be able to edit the offer.

By Black Adder
12/20/2016 11:12 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
If you click 'claim off waivers' you will get the contract offer dialog, only you will not be able to edit the offer.

Sorry JDB didn`t follow it all the way through.

Another great edition to the game,thank you.

By setherick
12/20/2016 12:34 pm
I'd like to be able to sort the waiver wire by position and by rating, but I like it overall.

12/20/2016 12:35 pm
setherick wrote:
I'd like to be able to sort the waiver wire by position and by rating, but I like it overall.

Click on 'view all' and you will see a more detailed listing. The home page list is just intended to be a quick snapshot of the top players by your ratings.

By setherick
12/20/2016 12:53 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
setherick wrote:

Click on 'view all' and you will see a more detailed listing. The home page list is just intended to be a quick snapshot of the top players by your ratings.

Ah - got it. Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for.

By Black Adder
12/21/2016 4:06 am
Would also be great to see on the League Transaction page a player who was signed off waivers notification..

eg. CB Dion Sanders signed off waivers by San Francisco for $65 million over 4 years....

After another looksee I found that CB Dennis Smith signed for a different/less amount for CAR,having rejected the same amounts he requested from JAX,DEN & PITT.

Surely this isn`t how it`s supposed to work?
Last edited at 12/21/2016 4:19 am