NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Waiver Wire

By WarEagle
12/21/2016 7:48 am
Black Adder wrote:
Would also be great to see on the League Transaction page a player who was signed off waivers notification..

eg. CB Dion Sanders signed off waivers by San Francisco for $65 million over 4 years....

After another looksee I found that CB Dennis Smith signed for a different/less amount for CAR,having rejected the same amounts he requested from JAX,DEN & PITT.

Surely this isn`t how it`s supposed to work?

That doesn't really mean anything. The numbers in the transaction log "description" are rarely accurate.

By Black Adder
12/21/2016 8:30 am
WarEagle wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
Would also be great to see on the League Transaction page a player who was signed off waivers notification..

eg. CB Dion Sanders signed off waivers by San Francisco for $65 million over 4 years....

After another looksee I found that CB Dennis Smith signed for a different/less amount for CAR,having rejected the same amounts he requested from JAX,DEN & PITT.

That doesn't really mean anything. The numbers in the transaction log "description" are rarely accurate.

As you seem to know everything WarEagle,why are they rarely accurate?

I`d have thought the GM`s of DEN,PITT & JAX would like to know too.

If as JDB explained it,teams bid the same amount and team with worst record last season ,gets the player...yes?...so why didn`t DEN get Smith ?

Sorry if I`ve completely miss-understood the waiver wires procedure.

By WarEagle
12/21/2016 8:36 am
I've never claimed to know everything. I do have an opinion on a lot of things.

I'm not suggesting you've misunderstood anything.

I'm glad you asked the question, because I am also curious about what JDB's answer will be.

I am only saying that what is shown in the transaction log doesn't really mean much because you can't trust it to be accurate, specifically the dollar amounts shown as being offered for contracts that are rejected.

This has been confirmed by JDB.

Assuming this player was claimed off waivers, I don't know if the dollar amounts shown here are correct or not. That's it.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/21/2016 9:16 am
Black Adder wrote:

Looks like there are still some bugs with it, I'll make some more tweaks before tonight's sims.

By Wolfpack
12/21/2016 9:31 am
Black Adder wrote:

We have hotter cheerleaders.

By punisher
12/21/2016 12:54 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

Looks like there are still some bugs with it, I'll make some more tweaks before tonight's sims.

i have a ask about the Waiver Wire is does it work the same way as the NFL one does.

Meaning the it goes by teams record or where a team is in the standings.

Like right now if a player gets cut the Cleveland browns get the first crack at the player awhile Dallas Cowboys get the last shot at that player .

Or does the Waiver Wire here just going to go going to let every team have the same chance to get a player and the best team could get him just as the worst team could.

By Beercloud
12/21/2016 1:15 pm
I always thought that a waiver system wasn't a bidding contest but based on a priority list via team records.

When a player is released he has to go through waivers for 24 hrs before proceeding to free agency. If more than one team claims him, the team with the worst record gets him. Once a team claims a player they go to the back of the priority list.

Thats the basic watered down version but I thought thats how it works. So I'm a lil confused on why cheerleaders matter. lol

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/21/2016 2:35 pm
It is supposed to give priority by records ... but it didn't work right last night. We'll see how it does tonight.

By Wolfpack
12/21/2016 3:04 pm
Beercloud wrote:
I always thought that a waiver system wasn't a bidding contest but based on a priority list via team records.

When a player is released he has to go through waivers for 24 hrs before proceeding to free agency. If more than one team claims him, the team with the worst record gets him. Once a team claims a player they go to the back of the priority list.

Thats the basic watered down version but I thought thats how it works. So I'm a lil confused on why cheerleaders matter. lol

Cheerleaders ALWAY matter.

By jsid
12/22/2016 1:40 am
Did I just make the first successful waiver claim in MFN history?