NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.5] Version 58e5d8b

By setherick
1/22/2019 7:46 am
Ragnulf-le-maudit wrote:
If it's overuse, it's strange. All 40 offensive plays are avalaible almost at anytime for my coach.
Anyway, my qb started the season strong with 3 game at 65% comp or above. The suddenly his comp% dived well under 60. And the passes began to sail anywhere.

You might go back and check your past few games and see if your QB is falling apart in the 4Q.

I know there is something that causes my game plans to cause this read buffer error that prevents either QB from completing a pass in the 4Q because I forced it in alpha testing consistently.

By raymattison21
1/22/2019 8:08 am
setherick wrote:
Ragnulf-le-maudit wrote:
If it's overuse, it's strange. All 40 offensive plays are avalaible almost at anytime for my coach.
Anyway, my qb started the season strong with 3 game at 65% comp or above. The suddenly his comp% dived well under 60. And the passes began to sail anywhere.

You might go back and check your past few games and see if your QB is falling apart in the 4Q.

I know there is something that causes my game plans to cause this read buffer error that prevents either QB from completing a pass in the 4Q because I forced it in alpha testing consistently.

We all ran spread sets without backs as dump off options . Alot of the d played involved the safties deep as well. Reads and open guys are just not there in time on the outside .. Exasperated by overuse , fatigue and keys as if you set your qb fatigue to 99 they get pulled after a long run or near the end of the game when passing alot. QBs are not running right now and every pass is a dink and dunk. They look tired. This spread plan hasn't worked in weeks as I think only pressure has been tweaked since .

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/22/2019 12:08 pm
There is a penalty in the game when the QB throws too many passes, but it shouldn't be that dramatic. I will definitely look into that, I'll let you all know if I find something that I can update for tonight's games.

By setherick
1/22/2019 7:18 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
There is a penalty in the game when the QB throws too many passes, but it shouldn't be that dramatic. I will definitely look into that, I'll let you all know if I find something that I can update for tonight's games.

40 passes through three quarters is not that many. Andrew Luck averaged 42 passes a game this season. I believe that Drew Bledsoe still owns the single game record at like 70 or 72.

1/22/2019 8:11 pm
I'm going to remove the penalty. I think the current generation of code should take care of what the goal was with that.

By setherick
1/22/2019 8:20 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
I'm going to remove the penalty. I think the current generation of code should take care of what the goal was with that.

The penalty is not the problem by the way.

I just checked my games since coming back. I've thrown more than 40 passes in almost all of them. I only got the read buffer error in the last game.

There is a bug that causes BOTH QBs to NOT complete a pass after a certain point.

1/22/2019 9:13 pm
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

I just checked my games since coming back. I've thrown more than 40 passes in almost all of them. I only got the read buffer error in the last game.

There is a bug that causes BOTH QBs to NOT complete a pass after a certain point.

Let me know what happens in tonight's games. If it's not the penalty, the penalty was at least masking what might be the problem, so if it persists I'll have more data tonight.

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
1/23/2019 4:23 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Let me know what happens in tonight's games. If it's not the penalty, the penalty was at least masking what might be the problem, so if it persists I'll have more data tonight.

Through 3 qtrs, my qb is 29/37. He ends up at 31/50 (2/13 the last quarter).

By setherick
1/23/2019 7:33 am
<wrong thread>
Last edited at 1/23/2019 8:57 am

By punisher
1/23/2019 10:22 am
jdavidbakr wrote:

This update should fix the 3-way tiebreaker bug where when one team was eliminated the tiebreaking procedure did not reset with the other two teams. Please observe the playoff seeding and team standings starting with the next games.

so did this affect MFN 2 ( https://mfn2.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/1404?page=1#4192 ) where Minnesota got the playoff spot instead of Atlanta ??

Minnesota = https://mfn2.myfootballnow.com/team/26
Atlanta = https://mfn2.myfootballnow.com/team/29