NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version c3ae1e9

By raymattison21
8/27/2019 6:38 am
raymattison21 wrote:
Last week games had 23 teams score only 17 points and under. The defense might have taken the edge in terms of what might be more over powered now. I would let this play out the next few weeks to see what happens. I have a tough D then a tough O to face in the coming games, but my bets are on the defense . It would be nice to see how the code works in the AI test league to see how the numbers compare to the start of this seasons numbers , cause zone seem better since.

I am really starting to see things come down to plays and player matchups, but I can't figure why teams can't really stop my wr2 Frese. He does have elite skills in bump, courage , intelligence and has 89 speed, but are route and catching making up anywhere else for that initial release, seperation and catch over the db I am seeing him get?

Atlanta s got a good secondary so I will be watching to see what they do, and I debating to switching to a real defense sometime soon . At least try to put some attempt of more balanced D.

Wr2 Frese was shut down by Atlanta this week .

By setherick
8/27/2019 5:27 pm
If that's because of coverage change, then I don't want THAT changed. I want QBs to read open WRs easier and faster based on IN.

Update: I'll dig through film later.
Last edited at 8/27/2019 5:28 pm

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/27/2019 7:09 pm
setherick wrote:
If that's because of coverage change, then I don't want THAT changed. I want QBs to read open WRs easier and faster based on IN.

Update: I'll dig through film later.

The code updates at this point in 0.4.6 has been exclusively to make zone coverage work so you actually can choose zone over man in some instances. Obviously if it is exposing poor QB decisions we'll have to tweak that side as well before this makes it to the general release.

By setherick
8/27/2019 7:18 pm
I've seen the QB making a lot of bad decisions like throwing into multiple defenders, but haven't isolated coverage on any plays. I may (but probably not) have time to dig into film tonight.

By setherick
8/29/2019 5:47 pm
Passing was worse for my game last game, but I haven't looked at other teams.

Keep in mind, I have the worst WR corps in the league, but both teams did equally bad.

By setherick
8/31/2019 9:06 am
The problem with passing is that DBs are winning every match up: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/10237#1867211

I've seen a lot of plays like this where the WR has better B&R Avoid, Catching, Route, and Courage than the defender has cover and punish, and the defender still knocks down the pass.

Also, ball placement and anticipatory passing is broken: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/10237#1867213
Last edited at 8/31/2019 9:07 am

By TarquinTheDark
9/03/2019 10:03 am
Too many interceptions.
Game decided on FGs.
Played out like early 4.5.
Also took 9 new injuries, 2 questionable, 1 doubtful. Can't blame drive length.
Last edited at 9/03/2019 10:11 am

By raymattison21
9/03/2019 11:50 am
TarquinTheDark wrote:
Too many interceptions.
Game decided on FGs.
Played out like early 4.5.
Also took 9 new injuries, 2 questionable, 1 doubtful. Can't blame drive length.

It does feel like 4.5. My wr1 gets less targets than the wr3. TEs have a ridiculously amount of targets as well and that’s where I am seeing a lot of throws in to double coverage for INTs. Still, my all zone is quite solid vs the pass with the latest tweak and I am wondering what a real defense or an all man under can accomplish

By setherick
9/03/2019 6:33 pm
I'm running straight M2M with a garbage roster. Unless I didn't turn off all the rules.

By raymattison21
9/04/2019 10:28 am
setherick wrote:
I'm running straight M2M with a garbage roster. Unless I didn't turn off all the rules.

Your defense is ok...but 3 points allowed with like only 5 defensive plays and no blitzes called vs. GB . Pretty solid performance . I gonna have to try a man under soon...I have great man defenders playing minor roles right now.

I almost want all play abuse penalties turned off. Running has needed tweaks for a while, but of my zone blitzers only my nickle back has been getting to qbs this year. 3 sacks, but my lbs just don't seem to get there. And it bothers me that the 3-4 blitzing one is penalized but the 4-3 Is not