NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Testing a broken play

By shauma_llama
7/16/2019 12:04 am
2-1 HB Flare? I see a 2-0-3 HB flare. There's a 2-1-2 HB flare?

<edit> Wait, I'm wrong too. It's the 1-1-3 HB flare.
Last edited at 7/20/2019 9:54 am

By TarquinTheDark
7/16/2019 8:44 am
My mistake. 2-0 HB Flare.

By shauma_llama
7/16/2019 9:53 am
I've noticed we have a bunch of teams using that. The again, if all the OP plays are nerfed, we'll see every game being 6-3.
Last edited at 7/20/2019 9:54 am

By raymattison21
7/16/2019 1:20 pm
Cover guys stop in all man coverage . Nothing is reserved for any play. All have the same exploitable features this one is just highlighted due to presnap alignments and the spacing of the routes ran.

Essentially it a clear out and a one on one with the back, slot, and TE. Both plays where it's available are short and medium passes...so you'll get different reads due to the 1 and 3 step drops the qb is taking .

I want to see what the zone changes will do to these said broken plays , because it's the defending plays that are consistently broken. The part that broken here might be what Duval touched on (and got deleted ) in the general forums.

CBS and safeties jump routes so bad and LBers don't even cover open zones. This is why the plays has always worked so well. It just rotates back and forth with the qb algorithms changing time from snap to pass .

A good zone play should limit damage so looking at that is one of my goals next season along with the Duval suggestion. I just want to see what the zone adjustments really do before I make any real assessment .

By shauma_llama
7/16/2019 2:03 pm
Having coverage on all receivers in m2m sounds good, but doesn't always help. Sometimes the coverage guys seem oblivious to what's going on around fhem.

By raymattison21
7/16/2019 2:36 pm
shauma_llama wrote:
Having coverage on all receivers in m2m sounds good, but doesn't always help. Sometimes the coverage guys seem oblivious to what's going on around fhem.

I think that is what Duval was touching on.

Like I said let us see what the zone changes have effected. I will probably run a lot of zone so I will see that play (s). Man will still act similar but in jdbs tests passing was nerfed. So he already opened something back up to realign numbers. In comparison these unplayed changes should show vast diversity from 4.4 and 4.5 and what we played last season.

The effect of “money” plays is high on my radar, but I have hunches of where the holes were in coverage will be.

In ags. League my ok defense is leading the league in ints and comp% allowed . That play might beat me but it’s cause my WLB is slower and I don’t override that set, but that’s how overpowered man is in 4.5.

The balancing act for the underneath game should pull more zone calls. As bigger plays should be down vs zone but it should be easier to get shorter yards consistently. Man is just the opposite. Or it should be . This is my general direction. No play should be good vs. all sets/calls.

By punisher
8/01/2019 12:57 pm
Has OP or anyone tried to test the FL hitch

People in NFL League and World League have been burned by it

raidergreg69 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:
All I have to say is that FL hitch is a ******* joke

Got burned by that play this morning in World League

Thread = https://nfl.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/886?page=8#4478

Mcarovil = https://nfl.myfootballnow.com/team/12
raidergreg69 = https://nfl.myfootballnow.com/team/3
Last edited at 8/01/2019 4:22 pm

By raymattison21
8/01/2019 3:43 pm
punisher wrote:
Has OP or anyone tried to test the FL hitch

People in NFL League and World League have been burned by it

raidergreg69 wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:
All I have to say is that FL hitch is a ******* joke

Got burned by that play this morning in World League

THe effectiveNess of any slant was noted by sethrick pre 4.5 release ..maybe it's slightly overpowered only in comparison to the other nerfed routes of 4.5.

Whats more broke is the deep safety jumping that route bad. Or a user might be under valuing speed for coverage . Or the game engine undervaluing skill ratings/ a user not using minimum speed ratings per position . Take your pick.

Just using good enough ratings alone one could hold an elite wr/qb combo under a 1000 yards a season. Put slow guys back there with no help deep and those number will go up five fold.

Just like guys figured out it works there some who figured out how to stop it as well, but nobody's commentin on the latter.

By punisher
8/01/2019 4:23 pm
raymattison21 wrote:

Just like guys figured out it works there some who figured out how to stop it as well, but nobody's commentin on the latter.

well then could you tell those 2 how to stop it either in the thread ( posted it ) or PM ( posted their teams ) so you can easily PM them ??
Last edited at 8/01/2019 4:23 pm

By raymattison21
8/01/2019 6:18 pm
punisher wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

well then could you tell those 2 how to stop it either in the thread ( posted it ) or PM ( posted their teams ) so you can easily PM them ??

Where there is a will there's a way!