NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Mr.Krazy's Mock Draft 1.0

By Wolfpack
7/01/2015 6:21 pm
sealbc wrote:
I mentioned this in the Community forums about the 0 attributes showing up.Jd tried too explain it with a rb with 0 speed.He mentioned of making changes in mfn 1 by weight and speed.Not sure how he is going too explain the 0 blocking on an ol

http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/community/1/726?page=1#4101

Its a mess, tons of LBers with a speed of 1-10. *** am I going to do with a MLB with a speed of 6? I'd rather play my punter at MLB than these guys..geez.

Also got a DL with 0 run defense.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/01/2015 7:28 pm
I was wanting to have more variance in the lower-quality players, i.e. a player who is a 50 has up till now pretty much been about a 50 at all his attributes, I wanted to have, say, a lineman who is a killer pass blocker but can't run block his way out of a paper bag - do you take the chance on him to protect your QB or do you go for the one who is a good run blocker but stinks at pass blocking? I might, though, tweak it so that the low end doesn't go so low for attributes applicable to the position.

By sealbc
7/01/2015 7:52 pm
The 0 attributes are making evaluations on prospects difficult on knowing what they can or can not do for their position.I noticed some defensive players showing 0 attribute for tackling.I am just not drafting the ones with 0 attributes in drafting.At least the attributes that matter for the position.Then i know what i am at least drafting over a 0 attribute player.Yet i find at times the other key attributes are strong for some players over the 0 attribute.Then it makes you think is it worth taking them or not.

By Wolfpack
7/01/2015 8:33 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
I was wanting to have more variance in the lower-quality players, i.e. a player who is a 50 has up till now pretty much been about a 50 at all his attributes, I wanted to have, say, a lineman who is a killer pass blocker but can't run block his way out of a paper bag - do you take the chance on him to protect your QB or do you go for the one who is a good run blocker but stinks at pass blocking? I might, though, tweak it so that the low end doesn't go so low for attributes applicable to the position.

I don't think you see OL at the NFL level that are as you describe. They might be better at one or the other but it is often because of a physical trait rather than they "cant" pass block.

For example: I might have a tackle that is fast and agile but lacks strength…and that will mean that he will lack power in his run blocks will be able to make most of his blocks and he will know how to run block.

Everything seems really random now. I just drafted a center who has 0 discipline and 0 intelligence. ??

By mrfakename
7/01/2015 10:24 pm
Using NFL guys is good, but the argument could go the other way then. Brock Lesner an ex pro wrestler tried out and got pushed around. Great size speed and strength, but stood no chance against NFL players when comparing his age to how long it actually takes to learn the game. My point being is that here his technique would be less than zero. He got cut or would be an project here. One that I would pass on. Jay Hinton a track star who blew away the combine in 85' (I think) maybe he was drafted and only rushed for 50 NFL yards. It happens alot IRL, but do we see it here the same. I think its close, but arguable.

I see this games rating as said. Its a scale of the best around and a zero somewhere should hurt a players value but I feel they can play. If every team has guys close in skill I feel it would water down the code and make it hard to see great players play great and the poor fail.

That being said I search for players to play in my system. In doing that I see strict limits that I apply for success, but I see that limited to my system. To me zero's are back ups or those guys talented guys I might play them in spots that suits there strong areas. As the game limits skills I see it more like Madden. Not that that is bad it just might be easier than explaining a guy with zero skill can play.

In the combine scores are relative to size. It pretty consistent. Some linemen are quicker than backs. LB for the Bengals Burfict dropped late due to a horrible forty and a poor bench for his speed. I think he was a 5th round who is now probowler. I have a problem with slow LB's stopping the run. I still questioning if it is my use of the player or just plain speed. Granted alot of backs fly maybe we need to slow them down?

Still I'm on the fence here. I like that tackle that is still on the board who cant run block. Really, I got to buy a spot watch and start timing guys before I can really say anything that is not an opinion. The combine is the only tangable measurment to compare. I've settled with my own speed and strength limits for all positions. Zero rarely applies. If the game took something like this to form I cannot say it will make the game better. It would be interesting to see though because I struggle understanding how to use certian players. I just chalked it up to them not being for my team or pro caliber player.
Last edited at 7/01/2015 10:32 pm