NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Mr. Krazy's 2023 Mock Draft and Pos. Awards

By mrfakename
8/19/2015 11:35 am
Pass yards + Scrimmage yards -(penalty + penalty yards) +(sack +sack yards) divided by 100
1000+1000- { (10+100=110) + (10+100=110) }
2000-220=1780 points

I divided that by ten so he get a score of 17.8. That was to ensure a score of 100 was very hard to attain by seasons end. But its arbitrary to an extent.

Receptions- drops/ 10 . Again the 10 is arbitrary.
100-10/10= 9 points

Fumble/5 and subtract that division as its a negative play. Most of the time.
10/5=2 so I ( -2 ) here . The 5 is abitrary.

Misc. TD's are worth 1 point.
10 = 10 points

passing TD's - INT's= points for guys who throw the ball
10-10= 0 points

Both I use one to one ratio. So thats arbitray. Really it fits OK but like I said earlier I think this system favors offensive players. Meaning they get more points. Maybe the game is offensive, but IMO the Nfl favors offense anyway so under this logic without tweaking I was OK with it.

So this fictious WR\QB attained a score 34.8.
17.8+9-2=10=34.8

And the defense is similar. I can go more it to detail with that if you like me to try to explain it better.

By Thor
8/19/2015 1:30 pm
I think a TD is worth more than an INT costs.

Just my opinion.

By mrfakename
8/20/2015 9:24 am
Thor wrote:

Just my opinion.

Coming from someone with a one dimensional team. That might fit. Let's see how far your team goes if your back gets shut down. I might change my opinion then.

By Morbid
8/20/2015 3:35 pm
Thor wrote:

Just my opinion.

I am opposite on this because turnovers should be very costly to a player more then TD's. You can still be a very good QB in effectiveness without throwing 50 TD's a season. WR's also effect a QB, but throwing a Int is all on the QB. Fumbles are the same way for any player.

Last edited at 8/20/2015 3:36 pm

By Thor
8/22/2015 10:05 am
mrfakename wrote:
Thor wrote:

Just my opinion.

Coming from someone with a one dimensional team. That might fit. Let's see how far your team goes if your back gets shut down. I might change my opinion then.

FYI, I'm averaging 30 pass attempts and 32 rush attempts per game. I wouldn't call that one dimensional.

Also, a TD always results in points. A turnover does not always result in points for the opposing team. That is why I feel that the positive of a TD is greater than the negative of a turnover.

By mrfakename
8/23/2015 6:20 am
Thor wrote:
mrfakename wrote:
Thor wrote:

Just my opinion.

FYI, I'm averaging 30 pass attempts and 32 rush attempts per game. I wouldn't call that one dimensional.

Also, a TD always results in points. A turnover does not always result in points for the opposing team. That is why I feel that the positive of a TD is greater than the negative of a turnover.

Yeah ..no doubt, but to me teams that commit less turnovers win more. You would need a good D
to counter act a QB turning the ball over. I noticed patterns here that coincides with what I'm saying. But by no means would that rule out what you saying. My team is more one dimensional than yours and I shared this rating system for the betterment of it through judgment by all, but I'm not on board yet.
Last edited at 8/23/2015 6:22 am

By RLWJR
8/23/2015 4:52 pm
C'mon, we all know it boils down to who has the better kick/punt returner.........

By Mr.Krazy
9/04/2015 4:41 pm
ATTENTION!

Would you like to help determine which player should win their respective position award for the upcoming 2023 MFN Seasonal Awards? Well now you can!

I have collected enough information now that I have roughly about 3-5 players at each position which I think should be the lead candidates to win the award in their position. There are certain positions I have difficulty in determining who should win their positional award, such as offensive line, Tight Ends, and Quarterback as there is a ton of differences in all of there stats.

I need help in determining who is the best player in their position, so if you can help, PM me asking to help in determining who wins their positional awards.

I can see the 2023 MFN Season Award Ceremony coming out by next week, if I have everything figured out.

If your willing to help PM me, as I would like to make the Award Ceremony as accurate as possible!