NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Waiver Wire

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/17/2016 1:53 pm
Just in time for the regular season cutdown. After tonight's sim any players that have been cut will be available on the waiver wire. You will see the top 10 waiver wire players on the home page under the schedule if there are any available. (Cuts up to this point have not gone on the waiver wire, so it begins with tonight's cuts)

The way it works is that you can make a claim request on a player who is on the waiver wire. All offers are to take over the base salary of the player. The team with the worst record has the first opportunity to get the player (in the first half of the season the previous season is considered in this).

Waiver wire claims are only processed on midweek stages, because it's much less likely that you'll get the player than a regular contract offer during the season.

Let me know if you notice any peculiarities as you work with it.

Re: Waiver Wire

By WarEagle
12/17/2016 2:00 pm
Thanks. This should be a nice feature.

Will there be a menu item for the waiver wire? Or a filter in the player search?

Will they be indicated as on waivers in the FA screen?

How long does a player remain on waivers before they are "released"?

12/17/2016 2:04 pm
WarEagle wrote:
Thanks. This should be a nice feature.

Will there be a menu item for the waiver wire? Or a filter in the player search?

Will they be indicated as on waivers in the FA screen?

How long does a player remain on waivers before they are "released"?

If there are any players on the waiver wire, you will see the top ten (by your ratings) on the league home page. There is a button there that will take you to the complete list of players on the waiver wire. They will also show up in a regular free agent search, but will say "waiver wire" instead of "free agent."

A player clears waivers on the next midweek that no one claims them and then they become a regular free agent.

By WarEagle
12/17/2016 2:26 pm
Thanks!

By WarEagle
12/19/2016 10:34 am
I don't see the waiver wire.

12/19/2016 10:36 am
WarEagle wrote:
I don't see the waiver wire.

I don't see any cuts in the transaction log, did anyone cut any players?

By WarEagle
12/19/2016 10:37 am
What about this player?

https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/8790

It shows he was released mid-week 1 in the transaction log, plus many others.

12/19/2016 10:39 am
WarEagle wrote:
What about this player?

https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/8790

It shows he was released mid-week 1 in the transaction log, plus many others.

I stand corrected (bitten by my own snake, cuts were filtered out on my trans log)

I think I have an idea of what might have happened. I'll patch it and we'll see if the waiver wire appears on the next cuts.

By WarEagle
12/20/2016 6:50 am
I think the waiver wire is going to be an excellent addition.

I see more than 10 players on the League Home page, but I actually like that.

I would like to see the players on the League Home page sorted by future rating instead of just random (I guess).

By Black Adder
12/20/2016 9:43 am
JDB,

So if you put in a bid for a player off waivers,if successful,you sign him to a 1 year base value contract,yes?

Do you get a chance to offer him a extended contract,once he`s on your team?

I`m not too up on waiver wire stuff,

thanks.