NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

How do you feel about the state of 0.4.3?

With the most recent updates, I'm feeling like in general the issues that still remain are not show-stoppers and can be pushed to 0.4.4. I wanted to get your feedback and opinion.

0.4.3 does not have any major bugs that should prevent it from being released
0.4.3 still has some bugs that are show stoppers, but it's very close
0.4.3 is still a long way off from being playable

Re: How do you feel about the state of 0.4.3?

By setherick
6/19/2018 8:37 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
I am not discrediting any of your analysis as I agree with all of it but we got to move on at some point and balance the game out.

This is really where I'm at at this point - unless there is serious reason not to push this release, I probably will this weekend so I can start frying some more fish. I know this won't be the last time we address the issues this release is addressing.

Well, fingers crossed tonight's commit makes short passing palatable. Releasing an inferior product is much worse than releasing no updates, and I still think most are going to find 0.4.3 inferior to 0.4.2 despite the really great things that it does do.

By Infinity on Trial
6/19/2018 9:02 pm
raymattison21 wrote:

Playing man is an agressive coverage for dbs. So is playing one deep. Calculate those numbers and compare them to the nfl. It's agressive in terms of how many teams and the rate at which those calls are made. Tops were 65% and 2nd place was 50%.

1. Although some NFL teams do play m2m predominantly (with safety help), the reason most teams don't is passing works in the NFL.

By Infinity on Trial
6/19/2018 9:15 pm
setherick wrote:
Releasing an inferior product is much worse than releasing no updates.

I still don't understand how he could eliminate half the sacks and still find a way to make passing worse.

Edit: To clarify, I understand, it's just remarkable.
Last edited at 6/19/2018 9:39 pm

By mardn72
6/19/2018 10:10 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
I am not discrediting any of your analysis as I agree with all of it but we got to move on at some point and balance the game out.

This is really where I'm at at this point - unless there is serious reason not to push this release, I probably will this weekend so I can start frying some more fish. I know this won't be the last time we address the issues this release is addressing.

The 75 end of season is tomorrow night. Looks like we’ll miss the update by just a few days. Sigh. Was hoping we’d get it there in time. I may be in the minority on these boards, but I’m looking forward to the release.

By raymattison21
6/20/2018 5:25 am
mardn72 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

The 75 end of season is tomorrow night. Looks like we’ll miss the update by just a few days. Sigh. Was hoping we’d get it there in time. I may be in the minority on these boards, but I’m looking forward to the release.

Perhaps we could get a vote and push it into that league anyway.

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
6/20/2018 5:34 am
I think it is way better than a few sims ago, and a lot more playable.

By hchoudhry17
6/20/2018 2:29 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
mardn72 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

Perhaps we could get a vote and push it into that league anyway.

I think JDB isn't gonna try and push the new code into leagues earlier than they should roll into again after the last disaster (although i wish it did too lol)

By setherick
6/20/2018 8:09 pm
I'm now good for this to be released: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/forums/4/1618?page=1&x=vj7HXLJEIK#9879