NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.6] Version 47a8bff

By raymattison21
11/29/2019 10:05 am
raymattison21 wrote:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/10543#1924810

I keep this play in my book only to see if the qb will ever target the wr1. He did once vs a zone blitz , but here vs. A man under the wr1 was the only viable option for a 6 to 9 yards gain. Instead a forced pass to the rb and an int.

Then a FG for the win .....not the best way to lose a game. Normally I wouldn't run the play , simple, but it should work! Similar ones out of different sets don't work either, but they should.

Too add another layer . Pass blocking is rough . By 2 seconds almost any one if not three olinemen are bound to be beat. Whether it was strength , pass rush, or speed/acc. When the Oline lose the block they " Olay " the pass rusher like a matador .

The problem here is there's no pocket, no ability for the qb to step up . ...there only hope once a block is lost it to roll out.

I would really like some layers added to pass blocking . The faster guys are moving when they engage should allow for more movement within the blocks while they are engaged . Causing more spacing/passing lanes and places for the qb to buy some time.

https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/10655#1945520

5 wide has the qb targeting the wr2 on the drag . Qb waits for the slot and wr1 to "cross" and the wr2 passes the MLB in spy and the qb easily reads the drag here.

My question is why did this drag get a target? He was a 3rd option or on in the qb progressions like other plays similar that dont target the drag. The one difference is the 5 wide so maybe the dump off logic is different (with no back in the backfield or te to dump it to )?

There would be a bunch of completions vs. Man under if these types of drags were targeted more often when open. 4.5 was almost an automatic 5 yard gain under these same senerios , but backs and TEs were targeted a bit more in 4.5 and even more in 4.4.
Last edited at 11/30/2019 11:32 am

By raymattison21
11/29/2019 4:38 pm
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/10655#1945461

But back to poor reads. This play the wr1 was doubled and targeted though it was short pass with slot post curls in the title . This has me thinking the wr1 and 2 are later in the qb progressions . So why not let the play develop instead of forcing that pass into double coverage .

The slot was 2 yards behind the LoS when the pass was thrown . He was,too close to dline to even be a viable option and the te didn't really even make a cut in his route yet. The wr1 quick out was at least a short pass within the the vision of the qb . There were not in press so maybe the quick pass was open after the first two quick reads? Still poor read overall.

By setherick
12/04/2019 8:42 pm
I don't have time for beta right now. Dropping my team so someone else with more time can take over.

By shauma_llama
12/05/2019 10:19 pm
Thinking about dropping out of this league as I really don't contribute anything.

By punisher
12/16/2019 9:12 am
shauma_llama wrote:
Thinking about dropping out of this league as I really don't contribute anything.

well i think you contribute in the sense you at least post here