NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: 2030 Preseason 1 QB updates

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/09/2016 2:37 pm
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
There actually is, if there is a more open WR in the QB's field of view he will still have a good chance of throwing it to him.

Probably based on things like Intelligence, Position Experience, and Field Of Vision?

Yes.

Does this mean I should start weighting Intelligence for QBs again? I got away from it because it didn't make a difference before.

Yes, I'm going to turn up intelligence across the board.

By Wolfpack
12/09/2016 3:43 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
Does this mean that the 4th and 5th receivers (based on the pre-play sorting) will never be targeted even if they are running around wide open?

If so, it sounds like even more incentive for some owners to keep blitzing 2-5 people every play.

There should be some logic for a QB to recognize a wide open receiver, even if he was never intended to be a target.

There actually is, if there is a more open WR in the QB's field of view he will still have a good chance of throwing it to him.

Was this in place prior? I've had my QB throw deep into coverage while both a TE and RB are directly underneath the deep pattern and wide open.

12/09/2016 3:54 pm
Wolfpack wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
Does this mean that the 4th and 5th receivers (based on the pre-play sorting) will never be targeted even if they are running around wide open?

If so, it sounds like even more incentive for some owners to keep blitzing 2-5 people every play.

There should be some logic for a QB to recognize a wide open receiver, even if he was never intended to be a target.

Was this in place prior? I've had my QB throw deep into coverage while both a TE and RB are directly underneath the deep pattern and wide open.

Yes, it has been in place but not for very long - about the last quarter of the last season. The QB will be more likely to throw a deeper route as opposed to an underneath route (if it's a long pass play he will likely try to keep it as such, but it is not impossible for him to choose the shorter route). Again, it's a probability calculation with his experience/intelligence/FOV coming into play.

By WarEagle
12/09/2016 5:43 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

Yes, it has been in place but not for very long - about the last quarter of the last season. The QB will be more likely to throw a deeper route as opposed to an underneath route (if it's a long pass play he will likely try to keep it as such, but it is not impossible for him to choose the shorter route). Again, it's a probability calculation with his experience/intelligence/FOV coming into play.

I hope his intelligence would remind him it's 4th and long, and therefore he wouldn't dump it off to the back still 2 yards behind the LOS.

Also, will intelligence help get rid of the plays where the QB just stands there (or does the head for the sideline thing) and takes a safety instead of throwing the ball away?

12/09/2016 5:54 pm
WarEagle wrote:
Also, will intelligence help get rid of the plays where the QB just stands there (or does the head for the sideline thing) and takes a safety instead of throwing the ball away?

I'm hoping this change will improve that issue. I believe this has happened because he keeps going in the read progression loop and never exits it. It may still happen, if it does with any sort of regularity still let me know.

By CCSAHARA
12/09/2016 7:52 pm
Sounds like this tweak is really going to help a solid QB who is less mobile. Also sounds like this tweak will improve overall OL play as well.

By setherick
12/09/2016 7:56 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:

I'm hoping this change will improve that issue. I believe this has happened because he keeps going in the read progression loop and never exits it. It may still happen, if it does with any sort of regularity still let me know.

Hooray! You found the divide by zero error. :)

By Mr.Krazy
12/09/2016 11:38 pm
This is awesome!

Maybe Donald Meyer will actually matter this year with the new code.

Hope this minor tweak will work out, thank you JDB for your tireless work.

Without you, none of us would be here (literally).

By setherick
12/10/2016 7:29 am
If preseason game 1 is any indication, wow. We're going to need to run a lot more 2 Deep.

By raymattison21
12/10/2016 10:45 am
My back up with 19 intelligence missed a few open guys. Looked like my veteran under the old code. Guys were even dropping passes that were wide open . Maybe its a coincidence , but across the board intelligence ratings did not seem to affect my overall teams play too much, but passing was night and day.

I wonder if a poor intelligence QB could win a super bowl under this code? Did any body fair well with a sub 20 intelligence QB?