NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: 2030 Preseason 1 QB updates

By raymattison21
12/10/2016 11:01 am
raymattison21 wrote:
My back up with 19 intelligence missed a few open guys. Looked like my veteran under the old code. Guys were even dropping passes that were wide open . Maybe its a coincidence , but across the board intelligence ratings did not seem to affect my overall teams play too much, but passing was night and day.

I wonder if a poor intelligence QB could win a super bowl under this code? Did any body fair well with a sub 20 intelligence QB?

I have some of the leagues least intelligent QBs.....all below 60.....so who knows. I going to play them all this preseason. I would love to see which QB wins it all.

Very quick passes for my team....in general. I could not say the same for my opponent .

I saw GBs TE get 6 catches and backs seemed to be targeted with ease vs a loose zone in my game.

Anyways I enjoyed the new passing code, but wish I had couple of screens passes and some ability to key players that are moved around different places in the formation overides.

By lellow2011
12/10/2016 12:59 pm
Both of my guys competing for the starting job are both 80+ intelligence and they both had great games. Also the Free Agent WR I signed from Cleveland looks to be the real deal and he should put up huge numbers in this Cincinnati offense.
Last edited at 12/10/2016 1:00 pm

By CCSAHARA
12/10/2016 5:12 pm
Just one preseason game, but appears on quick look that it is pointless to have an above avg OL probably not worth to spend higher picks on OL. Didn’t see a change with running the same def play and the OFF not adjusting for it.

By lellow2011
12/10/2016 5:40 pm
CCSAHARA wrote:
Just one preseason game, but appears on quick look that it is pointless to have an above avg OL probably not worth to spend higher picks on OL. Didn’t see a change with running the same def play and the OFF not adjusting for it.

Yeah, I was specifically testing spamming the same 3 defensive plays depending on formation

My defense against New York Ran:
4-3 Under Double LB Blitz - 32 times
Nickle Double LB plus CB3 Blitz - 24 times
Dime Flat MLB SS Blitz - 2 times

I did not see the text for the offense getting familiar with the play a single time against my defense and only once in favor of my offense.

My defense held New York to 71 total yards on 55 plays.
Last edited at 12/10/2016 5:42 pm

By CCSAHARA
12/10/2016 6:12 pm
I saw it once. I'm more baffled by the advantage the DL has on a OL. My point being that a high rated OL in the first or second round is way less of an overall player then say a 3rd or 4th round type player on DL/LB. Unless there is a change I just can't see investing on a OL player before the 4 round when you get more bang for the buck with lesser players. GG by the way.

By lellow2011
12/10/2016 6:29 pm
CCSAHARA wrote:
I saw it once. I'm more baffled by the advantage the DL has on a OL. My point being that a high rated OL in the first or second round is way less of an overall player then say a 3rd or 4th round type player on DL/LB. Unless there is a change I just can't see investing on a OL player before the 4 round when you get more bang for the buck with lesser players. GG by the way.

I have drafted all of one OL player higher than the 3rd since taking over this team, it seems to have had no negative effect on my offense.

By setherick
12/10/2016 7:20 pm
lellow2011 wrote:
CCSAHARA wrote:

Yeah, I was specifically testing spamming the same 3 defensive plays depending on formation

My defense against New York Ran:
4-3 Under Double LB Blitz - 32 times
Nickle Double LB plus CB3 Blitz - 24 times
Dime Flat MLB SS Blitz - 2 times

I did not see the text for the offense getting familiar with the play a single time against my defense and only once in favor of my offense.

My defense held New York to 71 total yards on 55 plays.

I'll set this or something similar up for my team and see if I notice a difference either.

By big_guido1983
12/12/2016 1:40 am
I still haven't had time to watch my game, but by the stat lines my "intelligent" QB definitely played better.

By raymattison21
12/12/2016 11:27 am
27 wide recievers over 90 yards.....a couple over 200. Passing is about the YAC. I need some air yard measurements too!

By raymattison21
12/23/2016 11:38 am
I am seeing a nice distribution of targeted wrs. Still, my team uses a basic set so the 5 wide and 3 TE sets are not tested by me. Defensively is where I noticed alot different numbers for the throw ats . CB 2 and LBs are more balanced now. As before I thought for a blitz reads they looked to often at the wr1.

Intelligence seems to matter more now, but QB'S should run more. I see them busting long runs, but I bet better defense could have been called