NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: 2030 Preseason 1 QB updates

By ibblacklavender02
12/24/2016 9:08 am
I think accuracy could use a boost

By raymattison21
12/24/2016 9:48 am
Sub par recivers with nonsense visual catch over better defenders who happen to face more intelligent QBs.

Or less intelligence QBS just not throwing to checkdowns or blitz reads . ...this was observed weeks 4.

My first few games were different . ..but my vet QB missed alot of easy passes in this past one. Too open guys, he then proceeded to make the hard plays.....it was just less often than the intellectual QB..

Defensively it seems little matters besides the QBS ability to kept defenders from entering his pressure circle.

This could be accuracy as some are suggesting, but I believe it's tied to a large and weakly effected circle....or maybe it's a small circle that's too powerful.

As the first few games my QB seemed to check down more , and last game was alot of catch overs.

Once again my team was cited 1 time for play abuse and my opponent was cited a dozen times....that had no effect. A 16 yard gain to a doubled WR2 vs a D that blitzed two guys from the strong side vs HB checkdown...my QB rolled in the blitz and ignored a blitz read then ignored the checkdown all who were in right front of him only to throw across his body to doubled player for the catch over first.

Or just up accuracy , but if we do I think these visual catch overs will increase even more.

By raymattison21
12/27/2016 10:55 am
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/5776#1039362

Zone looks broke...my elite veteran CB1 covers the wrong zone....

I do not know where to mash this one in as it s looks to be a combo of all but I think it was about the seventh time the defense called this play.

Still, the QB s OKs ratings looked to drive my dbs horrible read......disregarding his own assignment .

And I notice this in many leagues....just highlighted now. Under this code. No DB would ever do that.....especially one as seasoned as mine. On a realated note of odd DB play is that every single catch he allowed that game was a catch over....visually distorted IMO

By Davesgang
12/27/2016 3:58 pm
I'm really struggling to get a 50% completion rate with my QB Wilkerson and a fleet of good fast WR.

Almost every time he throws to a short/mid/long WR its defended or way off target. I'm seeing more throws to underneath TE's and RB routes which is nice, but at the moment the WR's on my team are almost non factors. Anyone else experiencing this or have any recommendations?

By setherick
12/27/2016 4:12 pm
Davesgang wrote:
I'm really struggling to get a 50% completion rate with my QB Wilkerson and a fleet of good fast WR.

Almost every time he throws to a short/mid/long WR its defended or way off target. I'm seeing more throws to underneath TE's and RB routes which is nice, but at the moment the WR's on my team are almost non factors. Anyone else experiencing this or have any recommendations?

I'm completing >63%, which isn't actually the highest completion percentage I've had in this offense (I got 5,000 yards and 66% from this guy: https://cust17.myfootballnow.com/player/3988), but remarkable because I've been throwing more mid-range passes than normal. I've also spent more than a year figuring out which short yardage passes were the most effective.

What I would suggest is going with more short passes on first and second down to get the completion rate up and keep pressures down. Also, look for more plays that isolate your players one on one. There are a number of good short passes that only have 1 or 2 short routes, which will limit your QBs reads and help isolate your TE or WR.
Last edited at 12/27/2016 4:13 pm

By Davesgang
12/31/2016 12:16 pm
I have to say I'm growing very frustrated with this game. Everything seems counter intuitive from player ratings to game planning.

Meanwhile inside running is suddenly grossly overpowered, but outside running is Still nerfed from over a year ago.

By raymattison21
12/31/2016 12:26 pm
Indy's qb has very little to offer besides intelligence speed accuracy why is his qb rating over 112. It almost as if those three factors are very effective under this code right now.

By lellow2011
12/31/2016 12:47 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
Indy's qb has very little to offer besides intelligence speed accuracy why is his qb rating over 112. It almost as if those three factors are very effective under this code right now.

He also has a weak supporting cast, at least in Lane's case he has quite possibly the most talented offense in the league around him.

By setherick
12/31/2016 12:48 pm
raymattison21 wrote:

I don't like looking at QBR because it's not the best judge of efficiency. Indy has the best QBR, but his QB completes 50% of his passes. I haven't scouted his offense, but I assume that he's running a lot of medium or long routes where he's more interested in hitting one of them than having an offense that is consistently moving the ball.

The top three QBs in terms of completion percentage with more than 190 throws are in my division. We all focus on short to intermediate throws and use TEs and RBs effectively as receiving options. Our QBRs aren't as high because we don't have as many TDs, and have more INTs currently, but our passing game moves the ball pretty consistently.

---

Some numbers that matter only to me.

2030 Season
League Completion Percentage Average: 55.83%
Top 10 Completion Percentage Average: 60.86%
League Interception Percentage Average: 2.15%

2029 Season
League Completion Percentage Average: 55.34%
Top 10 Completion Percentage Average: 58.69%
League Interception Percentage Average: 2.78%

Overall, QB numbers are improving and people are still figuring out how to effectively play QBs in the new code. Most of the completion percentage is the result of better blocking prevent so many pressure situations. And interior blocking could be improved still.
Last edited at 12/31/2016 1:13 pm

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/31/2016 3:25 pm
Another tweak has been made to the pass blocking algorithm for week 8 regarding the DL's push.