NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Concerns About Trading

By PertemptoDisce
2/14/2019 2:30 pm
The team in that screen shot went 15-1 last season, they are not in rebuilding mode. That is their owner's normal style.

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 2:30 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Now everything that has been said, here is a viable solution to all issues regarding trade restrictions. This is one of the original reasons I said there needs to be work on the GM area.

1. Give league administrators the function to set up trade guidelines for each individual league. There are many that would prefer to be an a reality concept league vs. a fantasy concept league in regards to trades.

2. This would give all current owners and future owners a choice in what type of league they want to be in and wouldn't cost MFN any owners.

3. I realize this is not any easy thing to do and would require additional coding, but it does need to be addressed. I have seen many owners leave leagues due to the fact that there are an enormous amount of trades even by NFL standards.

Optional for leagues I can understand. My pushback is having it mandatory. But because commissioners can veto trades they can already implement such a rule themselves like how NCAA did/does? I never joined NCAA cause I like trading which no trades allowed was their starting point.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 2:34 pm
Sure it can be mandatory. If you don't like the trade rules don't get in the league.

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 2:38 pm
PertemptoDisce wrote:
The team in that screen shot went 15-1 last season, they are not in rebuilding mode. That is their owner's normal style.

I have a similar style if I can manage it. Though it's hard to do so usually with the cap if he's actually using the draft picks he'll likely get into dead cap trouble in a hurry. As long as he isn't colluding which the variety of teams suggest he isn't then he'd likely have to be giving the others deals in their favor which benefits parity in the league.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 2:38 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
If the rules would change by some sort of act from god, the question MFN has to ask "Will more serious individuals join the game to replace the few that leave due to the rule change"

The answer to that is a resounding nope. They don't bring in many new players in the first place and those that do come in are wanting control and desire to actively improve or change teams to their own style. Restricting this would also make it less desirable to take on a failing team and rebuild it which is what is likely going on here though I've had that result by simply trading back when I don't need any new players from a draft as well. This is simply a more extreme version of what the Raiders are attempting under Gruden. Like I said this will limit attractiveness to new owners but more importantly keep people from wanting to rebuild creating dead leagues and players quitting when their roster gets too old and face not being able to restock fast enough to be competitive. The rule proposal does significant harm while having no benefit besides haha you can't use that strategy to make your team competitive anymore.

Most of this is dribble, but if you are using my idea, thinking that this is support of my building strategy you are mistaken. I have built many times through the draft, free agency, waiver claims, and trades and any owner will tell you that. I will still to my original post which hold facts. I don't find it necessary to make any personal attacks on your building strategy, even though it falls in the minority of league owners.

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 2:40 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Sure it can be mandatory. If you don't like the trade rules don't get in the league.

I meant mandatory for all MFN rather than by league. Similarly if you don't like it you could leave the leagues where people like to trade.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 2:40 pm
PertemptoDisce wrote:

I never said it couldn't be done regardless of winning or losing. I question the reality of it being done.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 2:41 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

I meant mandatory for all MFN rather than by league. Similarly if you don't like it you could leave the leagues where people like to trade.

and as I have pointed out. I have seen good established owners do that.

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 2:46 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

and as I have pointed out. I have seen good established owners do that.

Then just go to or create a league that restricts trading. It really just comes across as you want to punish those who like to trade.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 2:48 pm
No, the only person saying that is you. That is your opinion. That is your issue, not mine. I proposed an idea for making the game all around better, not just for your strategy. If 10% of MFN doesn't like it, that is okay.