NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Concerns About Trading

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 2:51 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
No, the only person saying that is you. That is your opinion. That is your issue, not mine. I proposed an idea for making the game all around better, not just for your strategy. If 10% of MFN doesn't like it, that is okay.

Yeah pretty sure it's less than 10% that want even more restrictions on trading.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 2:52 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:
No, the only person saying that is you. That is your opinion. That is your issue, not mine. I proposed an idea for making the game all around better, not just for your strategy. If 10% of MFN doesn't like it, that is okay.

Yeah pretty sure it's less than 10% that want even more restrictions on trading.

That is your opinion. The facts are, that most owners don't trade more than 15-20 per season.

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 2:53 pm
I'm sure there is a nitch there though that could fill a couple leagues. But to have it as an MFN rule is simply an attack on other players because of a preference by some others.

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 2:59 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:
greyghost1225 wrote:

That is your opinion. The facts are, that most owners don't trade more than 15-20 per season.

This is true but that doesn't mean they want to not be allowed to if they want to. This isn't an exploit so there is no reason for the rule to apply to MFN but makes sense to have as an option for created leagues. I know I wouldn't touch a league like that with a 20 foot pole and would likely leave MFN if such a cap were put in place even though I don't think I've ever traded more than 15 times in a season myself, though I could be mistaken.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 3:01 pm
Pernbronze wrote:
I'm sure there is a nitch there though that could fill a couple leagues. But to have it as an MFN rule is simply an attack on other players because of a preference by some others.

You have this poor me, I am under attack thing going. This is not a proposal to attack anyone. I haven't mentioned your or anyone else's name. This is strictly a proposal to go along with the MFN concept that they started before I began playing of mirroring the NFL. I stated and stand by the statement, it is the only part of the game that follows fantasy football guidelines and is not realistic to the NFL. Now if that is not the goal, then stop toying with the game engine and trying to make it NFL like and release all trade restrictions in every facet. Don't go for reality, if it those guidelines are not straight across the board.
Last edited at 2/14/2019 3:02 pm

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 3:11 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
Pernbronze wrote:

You have this poor me, I am under attack thing going. This is not a proposal to attack anyone. I haven't mentioned your or anyone else's name. This is strictly a proposal to go along with the MFN concept that they started before I began playing of mirroring the NFL. I stated and stand by the statement, it is the only part of the game that follows fantasy football guidelines and is not realistic to the NFL. Now if that is not the goal, then stop toying with the game engine and trying to make it NFL like and release all trade restrictions in every facet. Don't go for reality, if it those guidelines are not straight across the board.

Simple the current trade restrictions are in place to prevent collusion. This is as close as jbd could get to the NFLs anticollusion policies since it's impossible for him to investigate every trade from every platform of media. It also keeps newbies a little protected from more predatory expert players.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 3:11 pm
This is true but that doesn't mean they want to not be allowed to if they want to. This isn't an exploit so there is no reason for the rule to apply to MFN but makes sense to have as an option for created leagues. I know I wouldn't touch a league like that with a 20 foot pole and would likely leave MFN if such a cap were put in place even though I don't think I've ever traded more than 15 times in a season myself, though I could be mistaken.

This is exactly why it should be league base. Myself, along with other owners(yes I have communicated with them) have seen certain leagues that we wouldn't get in due to certain individuals and their trades practices.

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 3:13 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:

This is exactly why it should be league base. Myself, along with other owners(yes I have communicated with them) have seen certain leagues that we wouldn't get in due to certain individuals and their trades practices.

Then I'm confused what you are asking for since it's already possible.

By greyghost1225
2/14/2019 3:13 pm
Simple the current trade restrictions are in place to prevent collusion. This is as close as jbd could get to the NFLs anticollusion policies since it's impossible for him to investigate every trade from every platform of media. It also keeps newbies a little protected from more predatory expert players.

It may be the reason, but there is no way in the world they prevent collusion. There is absolutely nothing based under the current trade guidelines that in anyway resembles the NFL.

By Pernbronze
2/14/2019 3:17 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:

It may be the reason, but there is no way in the world they prevent collusion. There is absolutely nothing based under the current trade guidelines that in anyway resembles the NFL.

Prior to them being put in place a bit before your time I believe there were significant issues with owners working together to strip teams and make super teams. They do a very good job at preventing or at least limiting the worst of collusion by owners.