NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Who broke running

By Cork55
12/16/2014 1:36 pm
Running is seriously broken as it is near impossible to gain any yards on the ground. A quick look at the 4 week rushing stats shows some very very low rushing totals.

Re: Who broke running

By Morbid
12/16/2014 2:49 pm
My team has been running the ball fairly decent. I averaged 6.5yds a carry last game and I was without my #1 HB. TBH I was thinking just the opposite as I am finding it easier to run now then in previous seasons. Might be that I upgraded my HB position in this league but even overall in all the leagues its been much better.

I have also noticed that there are just some rushing plays and formations you just have to stay away from no matter how good your O-Line is or HB.

By chinaski
12/16/2014 4:16 pm
Theres no doubt its seriously messed up. I have one of the best RB's in the league and a good oline, so far this season im 63 attempts for a whole 90 yards. Ive even removed the sweeps that were so successful last year which are unusable now. Just looking at the league ypc averages, its gotta be somewhere around 2.5-3. Im just going to remove running from my gameplan for now.

By Tecra031
12/16/2014 4:20 pm
I agree 100% with Chinaski....I too have a top RB who is now basically unusable after back to back 2000 yard seasons. I know we wanted to fix the sweeps a little, but this is way to the other extreme. Each game I find myself tweaking less and and less run plays and will eventually go with the air attack as well.

By WarEagle
12/16/2014 6:02 pm
I agree.

None of my teams are running the ball well at all. I would be happy to get a game with a 3.0 average.

I'd rather have the running game too easy than non-existent. At least that leaves both options available as viable options for playcalling.

I may just need to follow DetroitLeo's lead and forget the run altogether if I hope to get any yards / points / WINS until this gets corrected.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/16/2014 9:47 pm
I have a patch that I hope to release before the next sim here in MFN-1. The patch to slow down the sweeps appears to have been too much.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/17/2014 2:19 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
I have a patch that I hope to release before the next sim here in MFN-1. The patch to slow down the sweeps appears to have been too much.

Patch has been applied to MFN-1. Let me know your feedback after tomorrow's games.

By Tecra031
12/18/2014 9:18 am
I was finally able to run the ball well....161 yds and a TD on the ground from my #1 RB. It definitely helped....even though we lost.

By Wolfpack
12/18/2014 10:21 am
Running was turned back up for sure in today's game, on both side. Lots of broken tackles and "dragging of defenders" by backs and receivers.

By WarEagle
12/18/2014 11:00 am
My #1 RB had 66 yds on 17 carries (3.88 avg). Not great, but I felt the running game was improved greatly. The sub-par performance is probably mainly due to the quality of my players at this point.

Definitely an improvement over how it has been recently.

Thanks!