NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Who broke running

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/06/2015 9:29 am
Wolfpack wrote:
Wondering if any adjustments have been made this season. My missed tackle levels are way up over last season including for my 90+ ranked defenders.

I don't think anything has changed since last season to the tackle logic.

By RLWJR
3/06/2015 7:06 pm
I noticed the same with my team. Seems like a pretty high amount of missed tackles for guys who are 90+ in Tackle Ability.
Last edited at 3/06/2015 7:07 pm

3/07/2015 10:59 am
RLWJR wrote:
I noticed the same with my team. Seems like a pretty high amount of missed tackles for guys who are 90+ in Tackle Ability.

That's not the only factor, though - obviously the break tackle skill of the runner is also included, plus the weight differential as well as the angle of attack, speed of each player, etc.

By Gustoon
3/07/2015 12:58 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
RLWJR wrote:

That's not the only factor, though - obviously the break tackle skill of the runner is also included, plus the weight differential as well as the angle of attack, speed of each player, etc.

Yeah I see that. A good case in point being HBs on sweeps being tackled by much lighter CBs, but they have the angle

By Davesgang
3/07/2015 7:50 pm
Speaking of that it seems like outside running is not working, but inside running is just right or even a bit over powered. Getting closer overall though.

3/07/2015 8:15 pm
Davesgang wrote:
Speaking of that it seems like outside running is not working, but inside running is just right or even a bit over powered. Getting closer overall though.

Outside running seems to be big gains or big losses in my observations lately, depending on whether the blockers seal he edge
Last edited at 3/07/2015 8:16 pm

By Davesgang
3/07/2015 8:18 pm
I agree, but overall my averages on the outside are lucky to get 3.0 Most inside runs are around 5.0

By Wolfpack
3/07/2015 11:16 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:
Wondering if any adjustments have been made this season. My missed tackle levels are way up over last season including for my 90+ ranked defenders.

I don't think anything has changed since last season to the tackle logic.

I have the same team and the same coaching and my miss tackles are way up. Might be I am facing stud RBs this year but my DL is stacked and missing a ton of tackles.

By chinaski
3/08/2015 6:32 pm
Pitt smoked us on the ground this last game, 2 100+ yard rushers. Liked it!

By Firefly
3/09/2015 12:41 pm
At least you'll be glad we did the same to Arizona today! :)