NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Who broke running

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/30/2014 10:24 am
Just pushed an update to the running game. I'm getting pretty good results right now in my testing system. Basically tweaked the run blocking algorithm as well as the tackle probability algorithm. Let me know what your observations are after week 12.

By RLWJR
1/06/2015 3:38 pm
So, after two games of this iteration, I think the sweet spot is going to be between your first fix, and when you toned that down. In this version, you do get some broken tackles, RBs dragging tacklers, but still overall bad YPC. Just my two cents.

By chinaski
1/08/2015 3:06 am
Running is looking slightly better, but something still feels off. Broken tackles after a reception are driving me nuts, plays like this are happening to me all the time....
http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/2610#465884

By WarEagle
1/08/2015 7:24 am
That play was a little extreme, especially from a receiver who's not very good at breaking tackles.

I don't want to see broken tackles eliminated though. It adds greatly to the realism of the game.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/08/2015 7:44 am
That was quite an effort by the WR! I do have logic that should reduce the chances of that happening, but I'll continue to tweak it.

By Firefly
1/08/2015 9:51 am
chinaski wrote:
Running is looking slightly better, but something still feels off. Broken tackles after a reception are driving me nuts, plays like this are happening to me all the time....
http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/2610#465884

Yes, it's been a concern of mine for a while. I'm still seeing one of those a game atm, which is a bit much.

The running game, however, is very close, if not there already. I'm seeing runs for a loss, short gain, medium gain, long gain, all the variety and in what seems like a good proportion

By Black Adder
1/10/2015 7:43 am
It`s difficult to know If you have a better OL and RB than the Opp front 7 (so you should have a clear advantage running the ball) and also If the Defence is in a Run,Neutral or Pass situation, but I think the running looks very realistic in the 3 or 4 games recently.

It`s a very fine line getting the balance correct, but I feel running the ball with 2 or 3 backs in the back field works a lot whole better than having a single RB carrying the ball.
I know this "should" be the case,and maybe in a realistic sim this is the way to go,but it would be great to think if you had a above average OLine with a above average RB,you should be able to run the ball out of Single Back formations like the norm is in todays NFL.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks for listening to other players views and suggestions JDB.

By Wolfpack
1/10/2015 8:24 am
Running is really close. The broken tackle things is a little over powered still.

By WarEagle
1/10/2015 10:13 am
Overall, I think the running game is much improved.

I do not think broken / missed tackles are overdone. They need to be part of the game, just like they are in real life, in my opinion.

If you have a defensive player with a great Tackle rating going against an offensive player with a poor Break Tackle rating, then obviously there shouldn't be very many missed/broken tackles.

However, if the situation is reversed, there should be.

Also, it's good to see the offensive player "fall forward" when being tackled occasionally, instead of just stopping in his tracks when getting near a defender.

By Wolfpack
3/06/2015 8:36 am
Wondering if any adjustments have been made this season. My missed tackle levels are way up over last season including for my 90+ ranked defenders.