NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Cincinnati and Detroit

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/08/2015 4:34 pm
I see no evidence of cheating with these accounts, just appears to be a new owner excited to get involved and making a bad trade.

Which brings up the question again about having a moratorium on trading for new players, i.e. you can't trade until your account is X days old, because trading really does take getting to know the atmosphere of the league to tell whether it's fair or not.

Detroit may also have read some of the forum posts about the DL being too strong vs. good QB's not being that helpful, the problem of course is that this will get resolved soon enough, especially here in MFN-1.

By Nicko
12/08/2015 4:39 pm
This trade wouldn't even make sense if Detroit was a Super Bowl contender looking for a couple starters to help give them a push in the playoffs.

The QB was a 1st overall pick and only a second year player.... He is worth more than those two guys AND a first round pick.

By Gustoon
12/08/2015 4:40 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
I see no evidence of cheating with these accounts, just appears to be a new owner excited to get involved and making a bad trade.

Which brings up the question again about having a moratorium on trading for new players, i.e. you can't trade until your account is X days old, because trading really does take getting to know the atmosphere of the league to tell whether it's fair or not.

Detroit may also have read some of the forum posts about the DL being too strong vs. good QB's not being that helpful, the problem of course is that this will get resolved soon enough, especially here in MFN-1.

Integrity.
Also agree about having a moratorium.

By Wolfpack
12/08/2015 4:48 pm
Really need to put a full season hold on trading. That will help. This is a terrible trade and reeks of poor sportsmanship. No one is going to put up with this nonsense if its not gotten under control.

Or make a no trade league, I'd join that. The Trading thing is just abused right not with this sort of **** plus the farming of FA's for picks.

By Wolfpack
12/08/2015 4:51 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

Something isn't right, its a terrible lopsided trade. A top young QB, number one over all the year before? Who does that? You probably have some high school buddies here working this over, farming each others team. You cant shrug this one off.

By Mr.Krazy
12/08/2015 4:54 pm
I haven't been as active as I have been as my last year in school tends to get in the way most of the time. But I have looked thoroughly at this trade, and at 1st I was skeptical that this was a honest, semi-controversial trade.

But then I looked at the trading block forum, where Cincinnati (Darkrogues team) created a post on his QB being on the trading block, Williams. Yes, the same Williams that he got from the trade. Now why would you trade for a really good QB just to put him on the block for more players/picks. And what if he trades his QB to another team that gives him another player to simply trade away for more picks/players? At this point, I am starting to get a little concerned for the future of this game and the trades being made. He has been caught cheating before and as players have said before, what makes us think that he won't cheat again?

This trade to me is just really questionable, as there is no point in trading for a top of the line young QB just to put him up on the block without much game time in order to potentially receive more players or draft picks.

This needs a little more investigating IMO

By Black Adder
12/08/2015 5:07 pm
I really feel the whole integrity of the league and game is at stake here.

For me playing in MFN1 is all about guys being in here for the long haul,making suggestions to JDB on how the game can be made better/enjoyable for all,not just shafting all other GM`s to win at all costs.

Like Buffalo I`m spitting feathers ,so looking forward to the regular season,not so much now.

By Gustoon
12/08/2015 5:09 pm
Why is he even still here?
And PLEASE NO ONE trade for this QB, let him just get lumped with it.

By $B$Dog$
12/08/2015 5:18 pm
Gustoon wrote:
Why is he even still here?
And PLEASE NO ONE trade for this QB, let him just get lumped with it.

Agree, as owners we have to police this ourselves!

By $B$Dog$
12/08/2015 5:20 pm
Mr.Krazy wrote:
I haven't been as active as I have been as my last year in school tends to get in the way most of the time. But I have looked thoroughly at this trade, and at 1st I was skeptical that this was a honest, semi-controversial trade.

But then I looked at the trading block forum, where Cincinnati (Darkrogues team) created a post on his QB being on the trading block, Williams. Yes, the same Williams that he got from the trade. Now why would you trade for a really good QB just to put him on the block for more players/picks. And what if he trades his QB to another team that gives him another player to simply trade away for more picks/players? At this point, I am starting to get a little concerned for the future of this game and the trades being made. He has been caught cheating before and as players have said before, what makes us think that he won't cheat again?

This trade to me is just really questionable, as there is no point in trading for a top of the line young QB just to put him up on the block without much game time in order to potentially receive more players or draft picks.

This needs a little more investigating IMO

Excellent point!