NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Cincinnati and Detroit

By jsid
12/08/2015 5:22 pm
Gustoon wrote:
And PLEASE NO ONE trade for this QB, let him just get lumped with it.

Basically, this is the power the other owners have in this situation. This isn't a great trade if he can't figure out a way to unload this QB; he's already got a franchise QB.

By Nicko
12/08/2015 5:41 pm
Yeah, I won't trade for him, no matter what the deal is, just based on principle.

By Gustoon
12/08/2015 5:50 pm
Nicko wrote:
Yeah, I won't trade for him, no matter what the deal is, just based on principle.

I won't deal with him in any league, he has no scruples and will figure ways around to play his stupid games.

By dmcc1
12/08/2015 6:07 pm
I've left this league and one other that he was allowed to stay in.

There are plenty of other teams in this league who the team could have traded with but he just so happened to pick the cheat.

Not only should nobody trade with him, all new players to any league he is in should be told not to trade with him and told he is a cheat.

This game will sink if he stays.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/08/2015 7:31 pm
I have reverted the trade.

By jsid
12/08/2015 7:37 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:

Who needs a QB? lol

By Black Adder
12/09/2015 4:51 am
jdavidbakr wrote:

For the good of the whole league`s integrity.....thank you.

By WarEagle
12/09/2015 10:05 am
1. This trade was very suspicious. Pleasantly surprised to see it was undone.

2. I've seen some comments complaining about trading good players for picks (picked up in FA or via trade). I don't see what the problem is with this. It that is the strategy someone wants to use, so be it. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with trying to accumulate draft picks to use in the future in order to better your team.

3. Even though I'm glad this trade was undone, let's not forget that MFN-1 is not a real league. It is a "testing" league. I don't really care what happens here as far as the outcome of games/seasons goes. For me, it's just a league to use as a guinea pig to test new strategies, etc.

By Gustoon
12/09/2015 11:33 am
WarEagle wrote:

2. I've seen some comments complaining about trading good players for picks (picked up in FA or via trade). I don't see what the problem is with this. It that is the strategy someone wants to use, so be it. In my eyes there is nothing wrong with trying to accumulate draft picks to use in the future in order to better your team.

3. Even though I'm glad this trade was undone, let's not forget that MFN-1 is not a real league. It is a "testing" league. I don't really care what happens here as far as the outcome of games/seasons goes. For me, it's just a league to use as a guinea pig to test new strategies, etc.

I disagree, its set up as a working league, yes albeit a testing one, but nonetheless most folks in here are competitive.
Guinea pig league or not cheating is cheating and should not be tolerated at any level. I like that JDB is so tolerant and rides out the storm and also doesn't disclose what is discussed with these cheaters, but a certain user really must have used up his 9 lives by now, surely?

I wholeheartedly disagree that banning a user creates more problems as they use another IP and come back with a whole new series of problems etc...In my experience if they do come back they get bored very soon and up just not returning.

By WarEagle
12/09/2015 11:42 am
Gustoon wrote:
WarEagle wrote:

I disagree, its set up as a working league, yes albeit a testing one, but nonetheless most folks in here are competitive.
Guinea pig league or not cheating is cheating and should not be tolerated at any level. I like that JDB is so tolerant and rides out the storm and also doesn't disclose what is discussed with these cheaters, but a certain user really must have used up his 9 lives by now, surely?

I wholeheartedly disagree that banning a user creates more problems as they use another IP and come back with a whole new series of problems etc...In my experience if they do come back they get bored very soon and up just not returning.

I agree, cheating is cheating, regardless of what league it's in. I didn't mean to imply that cheating is ok in the test league.