NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Completed Trade: Cincinnati and Detroit

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/09/2015 11:59 am
WarEagle wrote:
agree, cheating is cheating, regardless of what league it's in. I didn't mean to imply that cheating is ok in the test league.

DrakRogue has not done anything to cheat since he was put on probation, and one reason I left him in MFN-1 was because, well, that's the league I'm in so I can keep a closer eye on things. He's been under a lot of scrutiny (and rightly so) since the incident, but there has been nothing he has done that other non-cheating players have not done (like taking advantage of newer users, which while it can be classified as unsportsmanlike and won't win you many friends, it doesn't qualify as cheating and really ultimately forces my hand to make trading more restrictive)

By WarEagle
12/09/2015 12:36 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
agree, cheating is cheating, regardless of what league it's in. I didn't mean to imply that cheating is ok in the test league.

DrakRogue has not done anything to cheat since he was put on probation, and one reason I left him in MFN-1 was because, well, that's the league I'm in so I can keep a closer eye on things. He's been under a lot of scrutiny (and rightly so) since the incident, but there has been nothing he has done that other non-cheating players have not done (like taking advantage of newer users, which while it can be classified as unsportsmanlike and won't win you many friends, it doesn't qualify as cheating and really ultimately forces my hand to make trading more restrictive)

I just said it was a suspicious trade that I'm glad was undone. I didn't say DR cheated in this trade. My "cheating is cheating" comment was in general.

By Tecra031
12/10/2015 6:37 pm
WarEagle wrote:

3. Even though I'm glad this trade was undone, let's not forget that MFN-1 is not a real league. It is a "testing" league. I don't really care what happens here as far as the outcome of games/seasons goes. For me, it's just a league to use as a guinea pig to test new strategies, etc.

I couldn't disagree more with that statement. We have a lot of long time owners in this league and would challenge that MFN-1 is just as competitive as any other league. The only difference here is that we have JDB in with us and have first crack at updates and game feedback. I have seen several posts where people ask which is the best MFN league, and I wouldn't hesitate to put this one right in the mix. How an owner treats this league is something else, but it is as viable, if not more, than any other MFN league.
Last edited at 12/10/2015 6:41 pm

By WarEagle
12/10/2015 8:20 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
WarEagle wrote:

3. Even though I'm glad this trade was undone, let's not forget that MFN-1 is not a real league. It is a "testing" league. I don't really care what happens here as far as the outcome of games/seasons goes. For me, it's just a league to use as a guinea pig to test new strategies, etc.

I couldn't disagree more with that statement. We have a lot of long time owners in this league and would challenge that MFN-1 is just as competitive as any other league. The only difference here is that we have JDB in with us and have first crack at updates and game feedback. I have seen several posts where people ask which is the best MFN league, and I wouldn't hesitate to put this one right in the mix. How an owner treats this league is something else, but it is as viable, if not more, than any other MFN league.

My opinion that is is a "testing league" is based on the actual description of this league, which reads in part:

"This is the bleeding edge beta league. What this means is that as new features are considered stable enough to introduce into the game engine, they will appear in this league for real-world testing immediately, whether that is in the middle of the offseason, in the middle of the season, or even the day before the league championship. By participating in this league, you must understand that it is possible - likely, even - that these updates could cause unexpected results for the games in this league, sometimes for extended portions of the season".

By Davesgang
12/11/2015 1:24 pm
So... treat it real, but it may need adapting mid season.
All that really is secondary to the original post though.
Last edited at 12/11/2015 1:26 pm