NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: [0.4.5] Version 8683448

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
2/11/2019 5:48 am
Warthog wrote:
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/9323#1698105

Here's the first INT. WR1 is double covered. Slot WR is covered. LB covering the back out of the backfield is 7-8 yards away when the ball is released. But the three DBs immediately leave their men and move to the RB when the pass is thrown. So when the ball reaches the RB, their are 4 defenders on top of him, and the LB makes the INT. The DBs should not be leaving their coverage so quickly, especially if they are in Man coverage. If it is more one on one, RB vs LB, does that ball still get intercepted?

The time reaction is especially troubling in man coverage. In those coverage, often times the DB have no idea of what's going on away from their man. Then, they shouldn't react that quickly to a pass thrown to another receiver.

By setherick
2/11/2019 6:54 am
Ragnulf-le-maudit wrote:
Warthog wrote:

Here's the first INT. WR1 is double covered. Slot WR is covered. LB covering the back out of the backfield is 7-8 yards away when the ball is released. But the three DBs immediately leave their men and move to the RB when the pass is thrown. So when the ball reaches the RB, their are 4 defenders on top of him, and the LB makes the INT. The DBs should not be leaving their coverage so quickly, especially if they are in Man coverage. If it is more one on one, RB vs LB, does that ball still get intercepted?

The time reaction is especially troubling in man coverage. In those coverage, often times the DB have no idea of what's going on away from their man. Then, they shouldn't react that quickly to a pass thrown to another receiver.

Part of that is ball velocity. The ball should get there faster than the defender. That's simple physics.

By raymattison21
2/12/2019 2:05 pm
Ragnulf-le-maudit wrote:
Warthog wrote:

I would be OK with intelligence and or the cover skill applied to dictate how quickly a defensive player recognized he was able to come to help out I the first place.

I am not sure if it too high now but it was too low before. Using intelligence or something would lower the amount attempts as well as not all players have 100 Intelligence .

By raymattison21
2/12/2019 2:08 pm
setherick wrote:
Ragnulf-le-maudit wrote:
Warthog wrote:

Part of that is ball velocity. The ball should get there faster than the defender. That's simple physics.

Do you notice the same ball speed in rivals as well ?

By setherick
2/12/2019 7:47 pm
Yes

By mardn72
3/06/2019 11:27 am
Hey JDB, I've joined the beta league again and am ready to break down film and provide feedback. What are you currently working on/looking for feedback on? Thanks.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/06/2019 11:53 am
mardn72 wrote:
Hey JDB, I've joined the beta league again and am ready to break down film and provide feedback. What are you currently working on/looking for feedback on? Thanks.

Focus for 0.4.6 is still the passing game - I feel like 0.4.5 was a step in the right direction but only a step.

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
3/14/2019 3:22 am
very bad read. The slot Rc is wide open and gives a first down, the qb throws to the short route on 3rd and 9.
https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/9405#1713158

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
3/19/2019 4:53 am
Through 4 games, i've noticed a lot of inconsistency from game to game by my QB : he has ratings of 48, 82, 97, 57.
Although my gameplan should call for a significant amount of long passes on first and second downs, i don't see a lot of passes traveling long in the air.

By shauma_llama
4/10/2019 8:32 pm
nOTHING to see here, move along...

why can't we just delete a post?
Last edited at 4/10/2019 9:15 pm