NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Who broke running

By Thor
12/18/2014 11:06 am
Not very good for me.

I have a pretty good line for run blocking (ratings-wise), and my running game was awful.

My top RB had 16 carries for 17 yards, with a long of 9.

By Black Adder
12/18/2014 12:39 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
I was finally able to run the ball well....161 yds and a TD on the ground from my #1 RB. It definitely helped....even though we lost.

I was the winner (MIA) in this one and despite NYJ`s RB breaking big plays, and running wild carrying 3 defenders on his back for an extra 10 yards,I thought the bread and butter runs( Off Tackle,Sweep) really looked realistic,broke a tackle then stopped after a couple of yards.

By chinaski
12/18/2014 11:14 pm
I noticed the breaking and dragging only on catches, runs were still awful. Haas had 10 rushes for 10 yards, like always.

By chinaski
12/20/2014 7:43 pm
quite the contrast from last year....
http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/5607

By WarEagle
12/20/2014 8:50 pm
Not a good result last game.

22 carries, 44 yards for the team.

By Tecra031
12/20/2014 9:07 pm
Same here, 29 for 79 this week, 2.72 avg. Most of that yardage was in the 4th qtr running down the clock. Big difference for me from last week.

By WarEagle
12/22/2014 7:56 am
Just wondering if you had given any more consideration to fixing the run game? It would be very appreciated (at least by me) if we could run the ball again.

Also, am I correct to assume that whatever was done that "broke" running was also done in some (it not all) of the other leagues? Will those leagues be fixed also?

We just started the regular season in MFN 7. Last year my HB led the league in rushing. This year, in game 1 he had 15 carries for 34 yards. It'll really screw up my entire strategy and game planning if I have to forgo the running game entirely.

Thanks

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/22/2014 8:34 am
WarEagle wrote:
Just wondering if you had given any more consideration to fixing the run game? It would be very appreciated (at least by me) if we could run the ball again.

Also, am I correct to assume that whatever was done that "broke" running was also done in some (it not all) of the other leagues? Will those leagues be fixed also?

We just started the regular season in MFN 7. Last year my HB led the league in rushing. This year, in game 1 he had 15 carries for 34 yards. It'll really screw up my entire strategy and game planning if I have to forgo the running game entirely.

Thanks

Once it gets solved in MFN-1 it will port into the other leagues, but not until the end of the season - as a policy, the other leagues won't experience changes that make a significant difference in the strategy you would need to use until the end of the season.

It's amazing the butterfly effect that happens when you make a small change - I have a feeling that this season in MFN-1 will be marked by tweaks to the running game until it gets solved. I fixed a pursuit issue where the defenders were over pursuing and now the defense is too strong against the run. Interesting that in my test league (the one that sims a full season every 2-3 days) I'm getting lower rushing results, but still with an average of 3-4 yards per carry for the teams that run well (I'd like to see that at 4-5). Another change I made is that the runners can now drag their tacklers a bit more than they did before (which should increase rushing results), also I increased the influence of the break tackle/tackle ability on whether the tackle is successful or not. I may need to increase the broken tackle rate a bit more, that will probably be my next adjustment.

By WarEagle
12/22/2014 8:58 am
Ok.

I'm just curious about why it was changed in the other leagues at all until it was worked out in MFN1?

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining. I don't mean to be. I truly enjoy what you've created here and can't get enough of it! When's the next league starting?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/22/2014 9:22 am
WarEagle wrote:
Ok.

I'm just curious about why it was changed in the other leagues at all until it was worked out in MFN1?

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining. I don't mean to be. I truly enjoy what you've created here and can't get enough of it! When's the next league starting?

Yeah, I probably rushed that fix into the other leagues because I felt confident based on the testing I did but really should have let it simmer in MFN-1 a little while longer.

Glad you're enjoying, and I do appreciate your feedback and patience - I know there's a lot of work yet to make the game as good as it should be and the feedback I get helps direct what you all think are the priorities to resolve. So thanks for playing and giving your input!