NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: 0.4.5 Observations

By CrazyRazor
3/27/2019 11:23 pm
Is there a way to increase deflections or decrease interceptions? Maybe in the probability values?
Turnovers are ridiculously high in most games.
Is this due to the fact that there are very few quality QB's in the leagues right now?
Last edited at 3/27/2019 11:24 pm

By Ragnulf-le-maudit
4/02/2019 2:49 am
My QB is very good (should be). Entering this week, his TD-to-int ratio is 14:11, with a comp % under 60. I don't think the turnover ratio is due to poor QB play specifically.
Another thing that i noticed is a very low Yards by pass attempt average throughout the league.

By Beercloud
4/02/2019 9:02 am
That's something we can be testing now that we've seen the trends.

For the most part this is what Im seeing also.

But on the other hand, I've seen a GM that has his QB playing well in a very competitive league with some top flight GM's. The QB's rating is 113.83 with 18 TD's, 3 Int's , 67.6 pct and 8.68 yds per attempt thru 8 games. It really didn't come about until this version. The QB has pretty good ratings but not great. So this GM has either stumbled on something or figured something out. Which I think is the latter.

If anyone wants to experiment stuff, hit me up via pm if you play me and I can set my defense to whatever you want to test against. Best way to see stuff if you know what your going up against before hand.

By raymattison21
4/02/2019 10:12 am
Beercloud wrote:
That's something we can be testing now that we've seen the trends.

For the most part this is what Im seeing also.

But on the other hand, I've seen a GM that has his QB playing well in a very competitive league with some top flight GM's. The QB's rating is 113.83 with 18 TD's, 3 Int's , 67.6 pct and 8.68 yds per attempt thru 8 games. It really didn't come about until this version. The QB has pretty good ratings but not great. So this GM has either stumbled on something or figured something out. Which I think is the latter.

If anyone wants to experiment stuff, hit me up via pm if you play me and I can set my defense to whatever you want to test against. Best way to see stuff if you know what your going up against before hand.

Who's the player ? I watched a lot of games and evaluated schemes applied in many of the leagues I am in as well as various forum posts .

I seen a few guys playing as you describe , but I chalk that up to mostly correct defensives adjustment not made yet .

Good calls have good results , but too many are pending the weaknesses of this code to get consistent good numbers. Alot of those complaints were left off this release . Until, those are looked at I don't expect to be surprised much by any more testing . I feel like i know what plays work and don't work .....for the most part

That being said I am trying different things in every league as I have such a broad level of talent/experience . I kinda like trying to throw my opponent off....right now I am testing the level of that. As I feel the parabolizing of ratings has made the play overuse penalty much more effective .

Qbs still are getting sacked based off that time clock and long passes are still nerfed. It's tough for offenses in general when a good fast defense is playing . It's been that way. Here in mfn one I am getting 2 passes a game with out changing anything since last season . When long passes were opened back up a bit.

4.5 and The parabolizing of ratings has had a positive impact in a lot of areas but it has highlighted the weakness in the fatigue code. It really needs to be based off body mass index. Something like having only speed and strength fail linear like ours and have skill ratings drop much slower but fall off quickly when the guy is really tired . That would be more realistic .

I here owners playing fatigue levels below the recommended to avoid poor play , Penalties and injuries . I guess having depth would matter a bit too much . Big guys get you a nice push, but it doesn't out way some of the possible negatives .

I have my qbs at 99 fatigue in a lot of leagues. They get pulled too often for the physical demands put on them. This is why the rotation worked so well. But real bug was masked by the qb sub penalty . ..fatigue is highlighted for qbs because we have a better code.

Just think any pro real life qb could drop back 100 times under 4.5 and not get tired at all. They just snap and throw. Physiologically it's not that hard to do if your arm is professionally trained ..like a baseball pitcher. When they fall off...they fall off hard , but alot of then can throw it hard 100 times.

If qbs were running for 75 yard tds all game maybe they need to be pulled , but really our qbs dont move at all. And under no circumstance does an elite guy get pulled late in the 4th cause they completed several passes and drove his team to possible game winning drive only cause the setting is 99. I seen it in the 3rd quarter as well. Why are they tired at all ?

With how sensitive qb accuracy calculations are right now I am thinking a tired qb is having a prominent effect in these clutch situations later in the game when they are not subbed like mine.

By Beercloud
4/04/2019 10:48 am
raymattison21 wrote:
Who's the player ? I watched a lot of games and evaluated schemes applied in many of the leagues I am in as well as various forum posts .

Clancy for Houston in Paydirt.

I haven't figured out how he's done it yet. Im not going to ask him because it's in a competitive league. That would not be kool. If it were here that would be a different story. That team hasn't won more than 5 games in its history. 0.4.5 comes out and they are 8-1. There might be something to it idk. We still have a lil over half a season to go yet, so I want to see how it plays out.

ray, we play here this week. Hit me up if there is anything you want to test.
(pm gets my attention)
Last edited at 4/04/2019 11:01 am

By raymattison21
4/04/2019 11:28 am
Beercloud wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

Clancy for Houston in Paydirt.

I haven't figured out how he's done it yet. Im not going to ask him because it's in a competitive league. That would not be kool. If it were here that would be a different story. That team hasn't won more than 5 games in its history. 0.4.5 comes out and they are 8-1. There might be something to it idk. We still have a lil over half a season to go yet, so I want to see how it plays out.

ray, we play here this week. Hit me up if there is anything you want to test.
(pm gets my attention)

Thanks. I heard about him and it's a bit easier to see what users are doing with the scouting tab available prior to game. I wish that was available for all teams all the time. Otherwise I just look through the game log and roster and see if anything stands out.

As for mfn1 plans mine been the same since 4.5s inception of adding a bit more of the long passes back in. Really , I am trying to catch teams calling the wrong plays at the wrong times.

I am waiting for some new code to test certian scenerios here in mfn1 . Nothing new has really cropped up for me during the general releases . I have suggested like a dozen areas of concern during last season . They still stand as is.

By raymattison21
4/04/2019 12:01 pm
Clancy is an interesting player cause scheme . He's on the fast end. Similar to a lower rated qb to be made successful with scheme and roster under old codes . They are beating opponents with the slant and some long passes, but clearly they are glitching the in side coverage .

Most #3 targets are a hit or miss. Clancy is hitting those options with this help of speed with play selection. Some plays almost always target the same guy. Switching every skill player to wr to lower fatigue rates and up speed causing mismatches of speed. As bump is rolled first , velocity , route, velocity again , end route , and velocity again. The code has a lot of speed in it. That why with he right guys I could throw long all day under old codes. Same thing here just on a smaller scale of deep passes and a more application of "safe" passes to the 3rd , 4th and 5th options.

In a lot of leagues I am playing skill players smaller than what real life would dictate. Some games were very successful . Other were not. Still, they were smaller trials. As it hurt running the ball some.

Infinity had a similar team/qb in rivals he bounced and jhartshorn won the super bowl with them. They had team speed and good owners. Salty is a seasoned vet and 90% of his targets are to guys with 90+ speed.

Can it be planned against . ..I think so even but you might need a faster defense .

By Beercloud
4/05/2019 12:52 pm
ya know i went looking through the leagues and i found more Clancy's out there. One was from a setherick team. But there only seem to be 1 or 2 QB's doing good in each of those leagues that I found. I haven't had time to look at their schemes but Im curious if they are similar.

On another issue other than QB's, Warthog mentioned in a discussion we had, that their might need to be a bigger penalty for players playing out of position especially when there is a big weight difference. So as to slow down the use of WR's and RB's in the TE position. Their getting favorable match ups that really wouldn't work lined up on the interior line of scrimmage vs a DE.

By raymattison21
4/05/2019 10:35 pm
Beercloud wrote:
ya know i went looking through the leagues and i found more Clancy's out there. One was from a setherick team. But there only seem to be 1 or 2 QB's doing good in each of those leagues that I found. I haven't had time to look at their schemes but Im curious if they are similar.

On another issue other than QB's, Warthog mentioned in a discussion we had, that their might need to be a bigger penalty for players playing out of position especially when there is a big weight difference. So as to slow down the use of WR's and RB's in the TE position. Their getting favorable match ups that really wouldn't work lined up on the interior line of scrimmage vs a DE.

Here's another wr at te. https://parody.myfootballnow.com/player/2813. He's another of salts strategy applied since 4.4 it looks . 4 tackles allowed this season and ok numbers last. 58 strength and 76 run block. These guys get beat in the run game but perhaps not often enough .

As for te releases....a head up de should alter his path , but that not how it works here. Jdb said anyone in man has a possibility of bumping the reciever but I don't see it with TES like I do wrs.

Really I think of these guys like nflers used in the flex position. Lined up a yard off the line and a yard out. So I don't think it's that bad. I beat salts team here with a load recommended gameplan. Still, with the the right people in the right place could be unstoppable . Hey you could switch all your cover guys to dbs to counter-act the speed.

I did it in 75 with a Wlb /SS. He's slow , but now he's faster. I did it to a few lbs too on that team but we're really weak at db. It helps him cover that third option some

By CrazyRazor
4/26/2019 6:56 pm
So I'm playing in the NCAA-FCS Conference Championship game against GrandadB and these two plays happen.

https://ncaa-fcs.myfootballnow.com/watch/2218#411709

https://ncaa-fcs.myfootballnow.com/watch/2218#411716

The first one leads to the tying TD. The second one is recovered for the winning TD!
This is ridiculous that a DB can line up on the line of scrimmage during a punt and break through that line to have any chance at blocking the kick.

PLEASE look into resolving this somehow.