NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: 0.4.5 Observations

By CrazyRazor
5/04/2019 3:40 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
The problem is the blocking it can't handle the speed difference . But I guess it how you look at it. We can't pick a punt block defend play or a punt block play either cause the offense here uses man /zone blocking scheme and would get confused .

Can someone attempt this in MFN-1 so we can work on it this season?

I adjusted my roster on special teams. I'm not sure if I have my 90+ speed DB in the right spot or not. We'll see.

I hope someone else attempts this as well.

By raymattison21
5/05/2019 6:55 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
The problem is the blocking it can't handle the speed difference . But I guess it how you look at it. We can't pick a punt block defend play or a punt block play either cause the offense here uses man /zone blocking scheme and would get confused .

I adjusted my roster on special teams. I'm not sure if I have my 90+ speed DB in the right spot or not. We'll see.

This might be a Pandora s box. I went back to looking a t the effect of parabolizing ratings...if I understand that correctly . Speed has changed some, but back on topic, CR might be on to something and we could avoid the box for now . For simplicity .

I looked at the first block again and the time from snap to punt was slow compared to the nfl. We should be on or under 2 seconds consistently . That one was at least 2.5 if not a bit longer.

Perhaps he bobbled the ball a bit, as that does happen on occasion IRL, but take that half second off and it probably wouldn't be a block. Does holding moderate snap to punt time or does that only take effect for FGs?

Touching on speed again . ...I have been unsuccessful in all leagues applyin this tactic vs. Punters. Vs Non punters I might have 20 + blocks. My guys might be a bit slower or less technically sound, but in mfn an elite wr blocked one vs me . And vs. Non punters have had 80 speed players block kicks. So there seems to be an effective range. 90 speed 90 acceleration vs. Punters imo, from what I studied .

But this is where the box opens. I used kickoffs to get a range of field speed (spd&acc and an adjustment for weight).

At 2.5 yards the thrust(acc) begins to lose effect and speed and weight/fatigue penalty take over. By five yards the lighter speed guy gains ground and by 10 (when he'd be reaching the punter ) the thrust effect is gone. About 10% ground was lost due to being heavier (50lbs) and 10% more if the thrust was sub 30.

The tackle was 100 pounds heavier (about 20 points slower ) and turns looking around for something to block . During this time, the 2.5 yard range , thrust is not playing an enough of an effect . Imo its more now after the parabolic change, but not close enough to the way real players move.

The DE is one yard out..the Ts are just not quick enough to get there at that more obtuse pursuit angles when you combine it with field speed. So imo, upping thrust might do something .

But deeper in the box for a root cause that would touch on many parts of the game.

IRL tall guys (lean) are faster. That tackle would be bit quicker and the db a bit slower . The lighter guy is faster but the difference would be smaller . Possibly closing this small door. Fatigue should fee changed to body mass index as well. Closing the door even more . 6'7 310 lbs is quite lean compared to 6'1. **** have less leverage , but we're not talking bull rushes or gap integrity here. The game is way off here and it effects blocking in relation to real football.

Still , a simpler solution is to shorten the time from snap to punt. I haven't studied kick times other than this play , but I bet alOT of kicks are slow.

Other parts of 4.5 I have noticed similar effects of DL/OL play is the pass rush. My smaller guys are doing a bit better rushing the passer . Maybe cause qbs don't out run any pressure , but I have 220 pounders holding their own vs. 300 pound tackles . Guys around 250 and 260 are edge rushers now. I like that part, but it seems slightly exploitable vs. punts. As there is no threat to fake run ....

Like I said height /arm span (length ) should play more of a role vs. the pass rush/punt rush. Short guys typically are not great one on pass rushers vs. A big tackle. His arm span is almost 2.5 yards. The range that these guys are getting beat in. One could easily deflect the pass rush angle of a smaller guy with one hand . Changing the final outcome. We're talking feet/ inches and a half second here....a very small range to work with.

By CrazyRazor
5/06/2019 6:19 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

This might be a Pandora s box. I went back to looking a t the effect of parabolizing ratings...if I understand that correctly . Speed has changed some, but back on topic, CR might be on to something and we could avoid the box for now . For simplicity .

I looked at the first block again and the time from snap to punt was slow compared to the nfl. We should be on or under 2 seconds consistently . That one was at least 2.5 if not a bit longer.

Perhaps he bobbled the ball a bit, as that does happen on occasion IRL, but take that half second off and it probably wouldn't be a block. Does holding moderate snap to punt time or does that only take effect for FGs?

Touching on speed again . ...I have been unsuccessful in all leagues applyin this tactic vs. Punters. Vs Non punters I might have 20 + blocks. My guys might be a bit slower or less technically sound, but in mfn an elite wr blocked one vs me . And vs. Non punters have had 80 speed players block kicks. So there seems to be an effective range. 90 speed 90 acceleration vs. Punters imo, from what I studied .

But this is where the box opens. I used kickoffs to get a range of field speed (spd&acc and an adjustment for weight).

At 2.5 yards the thrust(acc) begins to lose effect and speed and weight/fatigue penalty take over. By five yards the lighter speed guy gains ground and by 10 (when he'd be reaching the punter ) the thrust effect is gone. About 10% ground was lost due to being heavier (50lbs) and 10% more if the thrust was sub 30.

The tackle was 100 pounds heavier (about 20 points slower ) and turns looking around for something to block . During this time, the 2.5 yard range , thrust is not playing an enough of an effect . Imo its more now after the parabolic change, but not close enough to the way real players move.

The DE is one yard out..the Ts are just not quick enough to get there at that more obtuse pursuit angles when you combine it with field speed. So imo, upping thrust might do something .

But deeper in the box for a root cause that would touch on many parts of the game.

IRL tall guys (lean) are faster. That tackle would be bit quicker and the db a bit slower . The lighter guy is faster but the difference would be smaller . Possibly closing this small door. Fatigue should fee changed to body mass index as well. Closing the door even more . 6'7 310 lbs is quite lean compared to 6'1. **** have less leverage , but we're not talking bull rushes or gap integrity here. The game is way off here and it effects blocking in relation to real football.

Still , a simpler solution is to shorten the time from snap to punt. I haven't studied kick times other than this play , but I bet alOT of kicks are slow.

Other parts of 4.5 I have noticed similar effects of DL/OL play is the pass rush. My smaller guys are doing a bit better rushing the passer . Maybe cause qbs don't out run any pressure , but I have 220 pounders holding their own vs. 300 pound tackles . Guys around 250 and 260 are edge rushers now. I like that part, but it seems slightly exploitable vs. punts. As there is no threat to fake run ....

Like I said height /arm span (length ) should play more of a role vs. the pass rush/punt rush. Short guys typically are not great one on pass rushers vs. A big tackle. His arm span is almost 2.5 yards. The range that these guys are getting beat in. One could easily deflect the pass rush angle of a smaller guy with one hand . Changing the final outcome. We're talking feet/ inches and a half second here....a very small range to work with.

I was able to mimic this in Rivals League. My DB #36 (Atlanta) is matched up against FB #36 (Tampa Bay).

https://rivals.myfootballnow.com/watch/839#147672

This is the only block in the game, if I recall correctly. However, my DB consistently harassed the punter throughout the game.
The Punter's Timing is 80+.
The FB's pass block is 90+. His speed is a mere 18.
The DB's Pass Rush is close to 50. His speed is 90+. I'm certain the only things that matter in this equation is Speed & Probability.
I hope I can duplicate this scenario in this League.
Last edited at 5/06/2019 6:25 pm

By raymattison21
5/06/2019 7:25 pm
That time to kick was closer to 2.5 seconds as well . That db is 191 pounds and 90 acceleration too .

By CrazyRazor
5/06/2019 8:59 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
That time to kick was closer to 2.5 seconds as well . That db is 191 pounds and 90 acceleration too .

Yes. I think the speed-weight ratio has something to do with it as well.
Last edited at 5/06/2019 8:59 pm

By Beercloud
5/17/2019 10:01 am
You guys gotta see this. Dont know how this is even possible. Check out Green Bay's QB.

https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/box/3002

By punisher
5/17/2019 12:11 pm
Beercloud wrote:
You guys gotta see this. Dont know how this is even possible. Check out Green Bay's QB.

https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/box/3002

Juan Rawlinson = https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/player/6216

Thread from paydirt = https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/884?page=3#6086
If JDB rather respond there than here
Last edited at 5/17/2019 1:48 pm

By setherick
9/16/2019 7:00 am
Please hot fix remove the catch nerf that was introduced in 0.4.3. It was introduced when coverage was so insanely broken that WRs were wide open all of the time.

This is the bane of 0.4.5 where coverage is better, but when your WR does get open, he drops the ball 50% of the time. A WR with >50 catch should _almost never_ drop a pass. As in at most 2 or 3 drops PER YEAR. Right now, >80 catch receivers are dropping 1-3 catches PER GAME.

By TarquinTheDark
9/16/2019 6:08 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

I've found it works much better in young leagues. You need to put together the right set of players to pull it off with consistency, going against the wrong set of players. This isn't a great environment to demonstrate it.

By raymattison21
9/16/2019 8:53 pm
TarquinTheDark wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

I've found it works much better in young leagues. You need to put together the right set of players to pull it off with consistency, going against the wrong set of players. This isn't a great environment to demonstrate it.

I had no luck in mfn1 . My guys didn't block any but they were WR's and kept getting injuries , so I stopped trying . Those younger leagues have lower amounts of high ratings in punt timing . That one reason it might happen there more often