NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2030 Season

By raymattison21
12/08/2016 9:34 am
WarEagle wrote:
I'm ready for this season to get started so I can start trying some of this crazy stuff I've been thinking about.

I am going with the hated 6 WR set...?!? And a very balanced defense to deal with all these varied offensive schemes... love it!

By lellow2011
12/08/2016 9:58 am
raymattison21 wrote:
I think I got that lb at an 88. War got like 3 of the top ten guys, but perhaps it just was a deep draft

Yes, but the defending champ only had 1 pick in the first round ;)

By raymattison21
12/08/2016 10:04 am
lellow2011 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:
I think I got that lb at an 88. War got like 3 of the top ten guys, but perhaps it just was a deep draft

Sorry, still a season behind.....congrats lellow2011 I mixed my seasons leagues up....actually both you guys are doing really well overall in all your leagues right now. Well at least compared to me...I can't even keep up with who is winning or what season it is....

It appears I am not very good at being in alot of leagues...time to join another! Once again I am truly sorry...what I do know is I will have trouble beating all you guys...good luck!

By lellow2011
12/08/2016 10:49 am
raymattison21 wrote:
lellow2011 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

Sorry, still a season behind.....congrats lellow2011 I mixed my seasons leagues up....actually both you guys are doing really well overall in all your leagues right now. Well at least compared to me...I can't even keep up with who is winning or what season it is....

It appears I am not very good at being in alot of leagues...time to join another! Once again I am truly sorry...what I do know is I will have trouble beating all you guys...good luck!

It's cool lol, WarEagle has one heck of a team in this league and if the sim had gone his way he could have just as easily been the champ. I really liked the work he did in the draft, he caught a couple unfortunate breaks in training camp though. On that same note, this was a really deep draft, I wish I would have had more picks for this season.
Last edited at 12/08/2016 10:49 am

By punisher
12/08/2016 11:02 am
All i have to say is if Chicago Bears run the TABLE then you can pretty guarantee everyone and their brother is going to make sure to not have a head coach or even 5 other coaches (QB , backfield , receiver , tight end and kickers )

WHY you ask???

Because what scout offense/scout defense says when you try to scout the team = Your next opponent does not have a head coach and so does not have a playbook.

so if he were to win the whole thing with that setup thats why i say people would do it

btw take a look for yourself Chicago = https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/team/view/28

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/08/2016 11:06 am
punisher wrote:
All i have to say is if Chicago Bears run the TABLE then you can pretty guarantee everyone and their brother is going to make sure to not have a head coach or even 5 other coaches (QB , backfield , receiver , tight end and kickers )

WHY you ask???

Because what scout offense/scout defense says when you try to scout the team = Your next opponent does not have a head coach and so does not have a playbook.

so if he were to win the whole thing with that setup thats why i say people would do it

btw take a look for yourself Chicago = https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/team/view/28

The AI will sign a coach if he doesn't have one for the first preseason game, and after that it's impossible to be without a head coach until the one you have retires.

I suppose you could change head coach styles at every game stage to keep your team from being scoutable, but you wouldn't be able to build a gameplan for yourself in that case either.

By punisher
12/08/2016 11:15 am
jdavidbakr wrote:

The AI will sign a coach if he doesn't have one for the first preseason game, and after that it's impossible to be without a head coach until the one you have retires.
I suppose you could change head coach styles at every game stage to keep your team from being scoutable, but you wouldn't be able to build a gameplan for yourself in that case either.

so does that mean the Al will sign a coach for all 6 places on his coaching staff that doesnt have one or just the head coach so people can scout him then it will sign the rest the next spin??

By lellow2011
12/08/2016 1:32 pm
punisher wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

so does that mean the Al will sign a coach for all 6 places on his coaching staff that doesnt have one or just the head coach so people can scout him then it will sign the rest the next spin??

I think it should fill out the entire coaching staff.

By WarEagle
12/08/2016 2:35 pm
Typical crappy camp for me.

Rookies:
1.06 DE Sawyer -2 (vol 50)
1.13 CB Huggard -8 (vol 74)
1.22 CB Patrick -2 (vol 34)
1.31 TE Porter +2 (vol 92) (may switch to OL eventually)
4.31 QB Spadafora -2 (vol 32)
5.31 WR Hines +4 (vol 72)
6.31 C Villarreal -1(vol 78)
7.31 FS Palmer +4 (vol 88)

Entire 60-Man Roster:
2 players +4
1 player +2
5 players +1
17 players 0
18 players -1
11 players -2
6 players -3 or more

That's 52 out of 60 players who didn't improve at all.

With a HC rated 97 and OC/DC both rated at 92, I would have expected some actual positive progress to be made in TC.

What does it take to actually have a good camp?

Is TC progress just as random as everything else?

It's almost funny. I know I said that I always expect to have a poor TC, but each time I still find myself actually looking forward to it thinking "maybe this is the year I have a good camp"! Nope.

In all the many, many, many TCs my teams have gone through, I've had 2 that were good.

By lellow2011
12/08/2016 3:19 pm
WarEagle wrote:
Typical crappy camp for me.

Rookies:
1.06 DE Sawyer -2 (vol 50)
1.13 CB Huggard -8 (vol 74)
1.22 CB Patrick -2 (vol 34)
1.31 TE Porter +2 (vol 92) (may switch to OL eventually)
4.31 QB Spadafora -2 (vol 32)
5.31 WR Hines +4 (vol 72)
6.31 C Villarreal -1(vol 78)
7.31 FS Palmer +4 (vol 88)

Entire 60-Man Roster:
2 players +4
1 player +2
5 players +1
17 players 0
18 players -1
11 players -2
6 players -3 or more

That's 52 out of 60 players who didn't improve at all.

With a HC rated 97 and OC/DC both rated at 92, I would have expected some actual positive progress to be made in TC.

What does it take to actually have a good camp?

Is TC progress just as random as everything else?

It's almost funny. I know I said that I always expect to have a poor TC, but each time I still find myself actually looking forward to it thinking "maybe this is the year I have a good camp"! Nope.

In all the many, many, many TCs my teams have gone through, I've had 2 that were good.

I'm pretty sure which way a player will progress is totally random

Rookies:
1-12: SS-#56 Louis Palmer (60/98)(+7/0)(82 vol.)
-- strip ball went up, everything else stayed at max
2-11: WLB-#59 Christopher Triche (42/89)(+7/+7)(92 vol.)
-- Everything went up, he now shows max potential in everything relevant LB attribute except run defense and strip ball
3-05: LG-##77 Don Bryant (48/88)(+5/+1)(84 vol.)
-- Pass blocking probably won't max out, his run blocking improved a bit though
My other 2 rookies were both Free Agent signings, they aren't very good but will probably make the final 53

Entire 53-Man Roster: Including rookies
1 Player : -3
7 Players: -2
16 Players: -1
16 Players: 0
9 Players: +1
1 Player: +2
1 Player: +3
1 Player +4
1 Player +7

Coaches:
HC: 96