NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2030 Season

By setherick
12/29/2016 1:57 pm
Davesgang wrote:
GG Detroit
Run, Run Run!
Glad to see QB Hayes doing well in a starter role.

That was definitely a run heavy game from both of us. You absolutely destroyed my run defense. Will need to get back to the tape to figure out what happened.

By Tecra031
12/29/2016 2:04 pm
ibblacklavender02 wrote:
GG Tecra031,

Thats the most points I've gave up in a min...look forward to seeing you again

GG Pit,

Thought you were going to make the comeback when you brought it close. Luckily we were able to hold it off.

By setherick
12/29/2016 2:14 pm
CCSAHARA wrote:
I don’t think the run game is overpowered so much as some teams were just taking advantage of a game flaw and now that it has been corrected are caught pissing in the wind so to speak.

What are you even talking about? Here's a cross comparison between this season and last season. The only thing that has changed is run blocking. I haven't looked at the numbers from all games this week, but the tweaks JDB made didn't make a difference in my game against San Diego. We both ran at will.

Top 5 YPC
1. 6.0
2. 5.8
3. 5.6
4T. 5.5 (three teams)

Top 5 YPC Allowed
1. 2.2
2. 2.7
3T. 3.4 (two teams)
5. 3.5

Top 5 YPC
1T. 10.3 (two teams)
3. 8.8
4. 8.0
5. 7.8

Top 5 YPC Allowed
1. 3.7
2T. 4.1 (two teams)
4. 4.7
5. 4.8

By CCSAHARA
12/29/2016 4:37 pm
kinda proves my point. A top OL player with 90+ run block, 90+ pass block and 90+ strength and the other numbers that would make him a top 5 pick was getting beat by 5th round and latter DT and DE. As such people were drafting just specific players to take advantage of what i thought was a major flaw in the game. NOW you will have to start looking at OL specifically LT which by NFL standards is almost the most important position on the whole team. A great OL can make a very avg team a championship contender.

By setherick
12/29/2016 5:53 pm
CCSAHARA wrote:
kinda proves my point. A top OL player with 90+ run block, 90+ pass block and 90+ strength and the other numbers that would make him a top 5 pick was getting beat by 5th round and latter DT and DE. As such people were drafting just specific players to take advantage of what i thought was a major flaw in the game. NOW you will have to start looking at OL specifically LT which by NFL standards is almost the most important position on the whole team. A great OL can make a very avg team a championship contender.

When every team in the league can run the ball at will, why even bother playing defense?

It also could be that tackling needs amped. As many bonuses as the offense gets to break a tackle, I think defenders should get to factor in strength, physical size, and intelligence in tackling.
Last edited at 12/29/2016 5:57 pm

By RLWJR
12/30/2016 12:00 am
setherick wrote:
CCSAHARA wrote:

When every team in the league can run the ball at will, why even bother playing defense?

It also could be that tackling needs amped. As many bonuses as the offense gets to break a tackle, I think defenders should get to factor in strength, physical size, and intelligence in tackling.

Unless something has changed, strength and weight have always been a part of the tackling formula.

By setherick
12/30/2016 7:04 am
RLWJR wrote:
setherick wrote:
CCSAHARA wrote:

Unless something has changed, strength and weight have always been a part of the tackling formula.

They obviously don't have enough of an impact since 190 pound WRs bounce off 240 pound linebackers all the time.

By RLWJR
12/31/2016 3:40 am
GG Miami........

***, over.......

By chinaski
12/31/2016 9:47 am
GG lelow, that was unbearable.

By lellow2011
12/31/2016 12:16 pm
chinaski wrote:
GG lelow, that was unbearable.

GG, I was a little disappointed that my QB and line allowed our 2nd and 3rd sacks of the season, seeing just one sack through the first 5 games was pretty cool.