NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2030 Season

By WarEagle
12/09/2016 1:42 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
It is only pre-season 1 - I usually play mostly backups are rookies to gain experience during this one

Oops. Got ahead of myself.

By WarEagle
12/09/2016 1:51 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
So coaches have no impact at all in determining if a player is going to improve or not?

That's typically a pretty important aspect of a coach's job.

A player has an innate potential - the coach determines how quickly he reaches his potential. He doesn't change a player's potential. If coaches could change a player's potential, there would be no need for a draft.

Coaches also improve game-day performance as of version 0.4 based on their attributes.

Hmmm.
IRL a great coach can help a player realize his "full potential", while the same player may never become any good if he was always stuck with a bad coach.

In MFN the player is going to reach his "full potential" regardless of who the coach is, the only difference is how long it takes to get there.

How much of an impact are coaches actually having on in-game performance, and what are they improving?

What should we be looking for in order to tell you if this is actually happening or not?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/09/2016 1:59 pm
WarEagle wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:
So coaches have no impact at all in determining if a player is going to improve or not?

That's typically a pretty important aspect of a coach's job.

A player has an innate potential - the coach determines how quickly he reaches his potential. He doesn't change a player's potential. If coaches could change a player's potential, there would be no need for a draft.

Coaches also improve game-day performance as of version 0.4 based on their attributes.

Hmmm.
IRL a great coach can help a player realize his "full potential", while the same player may never become any good if he was always stuck with a bad coach.

In MFN the player is going to reach his "full potential" regardless of who the coach is, the only difference is how long it takes to get there.

How much of an impact are coaches actually having on in-game performance, and what are they improving?

What should we be looking for in order to tell you if this is actually happening or not?

There is a boost in each player's attributes based on his coaching hierarchy above them - so a QB will have a boost in his accuracy if his QB coach, OC, and Head Coach all have high accuracy bars.

By WarEagle
12/09/2016 2:02 pm
How much of a boost are we talking about?

For example: a QB with 70 accuracy has HC/OC/QB coaches all with 100 accuracy.
or
a QB with 90 accuracy has HC/OC/QB coaches all with 70 accuracy.

12/09/2016 2:05 pm
WarEagle wrote:
How much of a boost are we talking about?

For example: a QB with 70 accuracy has HC/OC/QB coaches all with 100 accuracy.
or
a QB with 90 accuracy has HC/OC/QB coaches all with 70 accuracy.

If all coaches are at 100 it will be a 10% boost. All with 70 will be a 7% boost. The weight between the coaches is the same as with growth (50% HC, 30% Coord, 20% position coach)

By WarEagle
12/09/2016 2:20 pm
Thanks

By chinaski
12/22/2016 10:25 am
ooof, something was messed up with the kicking game this week. Multiple sub 20 yard punts, missed xp's and KO's that were 15-20 yards shorter than normal. Anyone else see this?

12/22/2016 10:26 am
chinaski wrote:
ooof, something was messed up with the kicking game this week. Multiple sub 20 yard punts, missed xp's and KO's that were 15-20 yards shorter than normal. Anyone else see this?

There indeed was a significant issue in this week's sims - I've already identified it and patched it for the next games.

By Wolfpack
12/22/2016 12:28 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
chinaski wrote:

There indeed was a significant issue in this week's sims - I've already identified it and patched it for the next games.

My KR also seemed to be very slow for some reason.

By ibblacklavender02
12/22/2016 6:22 pm
GG Mr.Krazy,

I actually consider that a domination...Hope to see you again! Good luck on this season