NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Season 2021

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/03/2015 6:00 am
Black Adder wrote:
Don`t know why with NY pinned back on their own 16, with 2 minutes to go in the half,we didn`t call any timeouts,we just let them run the clock out......att.JDB.

Best of luck the rest of the way Tecra.....and see you next season.

If you're pinned inside your own 20 or 25 (don't recall exactly) at the end of the half, you won't be aggressive so you don't turn the ball back over to the other team with enough time for them to score. That might be a good value to add to the game plan.

By WarEagle
4/03/2015 6:41 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
Don`t know why with NY pinned back on their own 16, with 2 minutes to go in the half,we didn`t call any timeouts,we just let them run the clock out......att.JDB.

If you're pinned inside your own 20 or 25 (don't recall exactly) at the end of the half, you won't be aggressive so you don't turn the ball back over to the other team with enough time for them to score. That might be a good value to add to the game plan.

I think he's asking why the defense didn't call any time outs so they would get the ball back. I've had the same thought.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/03/2015 7:06 am
WarEagle wrote:
I think he's asking why the defense didn't call any time outs so they would get the ball back. I've had the same thought.

ah, gotcha.

By Wolfpack
4/03/2015 8:30 am
GG Philly. You have a good defensive line.

I had 21 missed tackles in that game, that seems crazy.

By Gustoon
4/03/2015 9:07 am
Great game Minny! That was about as close as it gets, both teams making mistakes and not capitalising, best of luck the rest of the way

By Tecra031
4/03/2015 9:44 am
Black Adder wrote:
GG Tecra,

Penalties played a big part in this one,with both sides guilty of key penalties at the wrong time.
MIA were forced into a few too many 3rd and longs to end drives.

GG Adder,

You have a pretty good team there...the calls just went our way this game. Well done.

By Cork55
4/03/2015 1:43 pm
Wolfpack wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
Cork55 wrote:
I wonder if that attribute should be tied to body size a bit more.

I'm thinking the same thing and will probably adjust this over the MFN-1 offseason.

I don't disagree…I've had way more missed tackles this year and it gets frustrating, I know.

On the other hand, Emmitt Smith & Barry Sanders were both 5'9".

Barry Sanders caused players to miss tackles. He did not break through them. It never hurts to revisit broken tackles and missed tackles to make sure that they are working as they should be.

By WarEagle
4/03/2015 2:50 pm
I think I saw it mentioned in another post that the missed tackles stats are artificially high, and that some that are counted as missed tackles should not be.

EX: Player A makes contact with the RB first, then player B comes in and finishes off the tackle. Player B is credited with a tackle and player A is credited with a missed tackle, instead of both getting credited with assisted tackles.

However, I do agree that break tackle and tackle ability ratings need to play a larger role than they seem to now.

By Phinsfan
4/03/2015 4:09 pm
GG Firefly

somehow we came up with a win that wasn't expected as the game started out in your favor early. our D played much better in the second half and offense as well. a key interception to stop a drive that looked like would turn into a score was huge for us. that int put us in good shape for sure.

really thought you were going to get it tied at the end drive but that last play call with 9 seconds left was questionable for sure. 4th down and inches but only 9 sec from the 4yard line or so and the play call was a run....seems like a pass would be the call but then i'm not sure if you were out of timeouts or not. of course the way your team ran the ball they very well could have made it.

By Tecra031
4/06/2015 7:16 am
GG Oak,

Was a nail biter from start to finish...was worried when my kicker missed 2 field goals due to that 20 mph wind, we just couldn't pull ahead and you kept it close all the way.

Now on to a rematch of last year's Superbowl with Carolina!