NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Season 2021

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/05/2015 11:28 am
oukjweather wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
GG, oukj. Scouting your team you have a great defense, and they showed up today. I was concerned we were even going to score at all.

Good game jdavidbakr,

I was very concerned about your running game going into this one and limiting your passing game. I wasn't able to stop your offense as much as I might have liked, but when it mattered my defense did come through. I thought the goal line stand at the 1 yard line summed up the game. The big difference in this game was turnovers. I like my chances of winning at +3 turnovers. Your defense made some plays too forcing my qb into 2 interceptions. Happy to get the win after loosing the first 2 games. I am getting back into the divisional race, but have a long ways to go.

That goal line stand was very impressive indeed. That and the pick-6 probably was the difference.

By Thor
3/05/2015 5:16 pm
Mr.Krazy wrote:
GG Thor

You just demolished my winning streak, lol. But on a serious note, your team came to play, and just had a killer offensive game. My defense was unusually quiet, especially without a single turnover, and my offense just had a bad gameplan.

Thanks. A surprisingly good game from my team.

Good luck.

3/05/2015 9:38 pm
The folks in DC coming out for the game against two winless teams were treated to a barn burner, wow!

By Black Adder
3/06/2015 6:24 am
GG Morbid,

I really thought that fumble by Miami`s Morales on your goal line would come back to bite us,but the D stiffened up and Morales made up for it with a couple of long runs to ease the Fins to a important win against a great Divisional foe.

Looking forward to the week 10 re-match in Miami.

3/06/2015 8:13 am
GG king-of-the-north,

Very sloppy game as it felt like there was a penalty on almost every play. Neither team seemed to want this win, we even shanked an extra-point-distance field goal. But we come away with the W and KC took a loss, so we're back in 2nd place in the division just one game behind the raiders.

Huge divisional matchup against SD this week, they may have only 2 wins but the record always seems to go out the window in these interdivisional games.

By Wolfpack
3/06/2015 8:32 am
GG New York, that was a close one.

By Thor
3/06/2015 8:55 am
Wolfpack wrote:
GG New York, that was a close one.

Yes. A great game to watch.

By Morbid
3/06/2015 10:50 am
Black Adder wrote:
GG Morbid,

I really thought that fumble by Miami`s Morales on your goal line would come back to bite us,but the D stiffened up and Morales made up for it with a couple of long runs to ease the Fins to a important win against a great Divisional foe.

Looking forward to the week 10 re-match in Miami.

GG Black Adder

You have done a great job building that team up. This whole division has got a lot tougher the last couple seasons. I am looking forward to that rematch as well. Your HB just killed me at the end of the game.

By oukjweather
3/06/2015 11:46 am
Good game benenatimike,

You had a wonderful offensive gameplan for your team. You racked up a lot of yards on my defense. At the end of the game, just could not get a stop to keep you from getting into field-goal range. That kick to end the game was really good too. That is one of the longest successful kicks I have seen attempted. This loss was tough as it sank us back into 3rd place in the division. Can still turn this team around, but need to have better offensive performances than this to win many games, defense can not win games alone.

By Firefly
3/06/2015 3:21 pm
Now that's what I call Steelers football! Very satisfying win against the juggernaut Seahawks as we knock off the last unbeaten team. The 4th quarter was a sign of what these guys can do, but Tillman led the way with 139 yards as we controlled the game on the ground.

GG Chinaski
Last edited at 3/06/2015 3:22 pm