NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Season 2021

By Gustoon
3/06/2015 5:59 pm
GG Philly, I thought you might have got back in it somehow with us pinned so deep

By Gustoon
3/09/2015 2:48 am
Only watched the 1st qtr, but GG Pitt.

So after scouting and putting in a gameplan, Pitt did EXACTLY what I thought they would, but still I couldn't stop them.

IF I can get ONE player into the backfield ONE player can make the tackle, anything over 2 yds past the LOS you need what seems like the entire team to make the tackle. Tackling and intelligence is pretty good on my team so ...What is up with that??

Passing is just RIDICULOUS now, why even bother playing 3rd and long anymore? Its almost an instant 1st down now. Suggestion: If teams keep finding themselves in 3rd-long situations, then PLEASE increase INTs or PDs %s.
Any QB who is not even remotely stud-like can just RIP a secondary to shreds and this is right across all the leagues, (That I'm in)

I know this is a bit of a rant, but really is there ANY point to gameplanning? The disparity within most of these games is a turn off. If it wasn't for all the penalties which help you get back into the games the score lines would be way more skewed and obvious.

Pretty pissed off :(
Last edited at 3/09/2015 5:26 am

By Black Adder
3/09/2015 5:21 am
GG Phinsfan,

That was a great game to watch,tough play-off standard intense football.

You have a great team playing to a precise game plan in Oakland best of luck the rest of the way.

By WarEagle
3/09/2015 8:20 am
Gustoon wrote:

Passing is just RIDICULOUS now, why even bother playing 3rd and long anymore? Its almost an instant 1st down now.

That is not my experience. 3rd and long conversions seem pretty rare to me.

By Gustoon
3/09/2015 8:31 am
WarEagle wrote:
Gustoon wrote:

Passing is just RIDICULOUS now, why even bother playing 3rd and long anymore? Its almost an instant 1st down now.

That is not my experience. 3rd and long conversions seem pretty rare to me.

3rd and long = anything over 10 yds.

I'm resigned to giving up on this.

A typical pattern of downs...

1st & 10 run = -1yd
2nd & 11 run = -2yds
3rd & 13 (EITHER) Pass complete 26yds (not just enough to get the 1st down, but a whacking chunk of real estate.) OR __________ (insert defensive penatly , award > 1st down) OR Pass complete 12yds __________ (insert defensive penatly , award > 1st down)

This isn't just me defending , I see this on my offensive side of the ball as well.

Whilst I'm on my soap box....

Outside runs got pretty much nerfed, now they seem like 50/50. Inside runs work work about the same as well, except now a RB can manage to literally wiggle free off half a dozen defenders and break off downfield.

I know this game isn't perfect, none are, but surely these are things that can be just tweaked?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/09/2015 8:40 am
GG, Davesgang, I see why you think inside runs are so strong as we couldn't bottle up your back to save our neck, your OL did nothing but open up holes. On the other hand, our normally strong running game was completely shut down by your DL.

3/09/2015 8:41 am
Gustoon wrote:
3rd and long = anything over 10 yds.

Just curious ... are the conversions you are seeing against a pass-key defense?

By Gustoon
3/09/2015 8:51 am
Yes, I've even put in a rule to set up Nickle or Dime Ds. I have even gone so far as to try and recruit CBs etc that have higher intelligence and better at man to man coverage.
Its not all the time, but the amount of completions on longer passes is just so unbalanced, especially when you have a QB running for his life then peeps out of the ear hole and throws a laser some 20+ yds down field

By Gustoon
3/09/2015 8:53 am
I don't mean to come across as an asshole, but I use MFN as a way to unwind , lol....not helping

3/09/2015 9:11 am
Gustoon wrote:
I don't mean to come across as an asshole, but I use MFN as a way to unwind , lol....not helping

No worries, I encourage these kinds of reports.

On a macro level, in the 2021 season of MFN-1 3rd and 10+ has been converted 22% of the time (279 conversions on 1,266 attempts) which includes conversion by penalty. I'd be curious to see the NFL average but don't have time to look that up today.