NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2024 Regular season

By WarEagle
11/05/2015 8:01 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:
Tecra031 wrote:
I'm sorry SF

Damn….that will leave a mark. How does that happen?

Holy ... cow ... wow ...

I would love to know if SF tanked that game intentionally for a better draft spot or not. 4 punt return TDs is insane, and that's with the new punt return logic. Haven't studied the game but would love to get feedback from anyone who wants to do that.

Next item on my agenda after the UI updates is "mercy" settings to pull starters, which I would hope will cause them to get pulled before we have another 99-point game. (Interesting it stopped at 99 and didn't break the 3 digit mark, I wonder if the game center would have handled that)

I had a game in another league where I scored 104, so it can handle 3 digits.

On a related note, I hope the "mercy" settings are not just a standard setting to pull starters at a certain point, but rather settings that we can determine on our own when to pull the starters, and when to put them back in. Is this how it will be handled?

By mrfakename
11/05/2015 10:32 pm
jsid wrote:
GG mrfakename. Didn't mean to knock you out, I was hoping our division would get both Wild Card spots.

Thought we were a lock. Oh well my team fell apart these last few games. I like the way some guys played. A blend of young and old that I thought had no chance anyway. Good luck. Im looking at next year.

By Gustoon
11/06/2015 2:36 am
GG Dallas, bit of a crappy way to lose, either team deserved that one

By Davesgang
11/06/2015 9:03 am
GG Pittsburgh
Good Luck in the playoffs!
Wish we would have won one more game this season 10-6 missing the playoffs.

By Tecra031
11/06/2015 9:12 am
Congrats to Carolina for going 16-0 during the regular season!

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/06/2015 9:50 am
WarEagle wrote:
On a related note, I hope the "mercy" settings are not just a standard setting to pull starters at a certain point, but rather settings that we can determine on our own when to pull the starters, and when to put them back in. Is this how it will be handled?

Yes, I'm thinking something on the lines of adding the following controls to your gameplan:

1) Fatigue settings by position group instead of across the board
2) Injury return threshold
3) Pull starters by position group based on score

All that would require enough depth of course to prevent punters from coming in at quarterback.

The default settings would be applied to all teams initially but you would have control to change them.

By Wolfpack
11/06/2015 10:34 am
Tecra031 wrote:
Congrats to Carolina for going 16-0 during the regular season!

Thanks!, 1st time Ive been able to pull that off.

By Wolfpack
11/06/2015 10:35 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:

Yes, I'm thinking something on the lines of adding the following controls to your gameplan:

All that would require enough depth of course to prevent punters from coming in at quarterback.

The default settings would be applied to all teams initially but you would have control to change them.

I like that idea.

By Gustoon
11/06/2015 1:52 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
WarEagle wrote:

DAP , (Discrimination against Punters)

By ibblacklavender02
11/06/2015 3:29 pm
Davesgang wrote:
GG Pittsburgh
Good Luck in the playoffs!
Wish we would have won one more game this season 10-6 missing the playoffs.

Thanks! Yeah I was happy to see I made the playoffs before our game. I'm going to need all the luck I can get against Baltimore! Those guys owned us this season!