NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Re: Pass & Run Blocking Updates

By raymattison21
1/08/2017 5:47 pm
If we counted pressures or knockdowns hey would be low too!

By WarEagle
1/08/2017 5:50 pm
setherick wrote:
You're completely right that I was looking at potential. If looking at actual the breakdown is this: 2 at LDE; 4 at RDE

That seems pretty reasonable to me.

By CCSAHARA
1/09/2017 10:43 pm
Just my opinion but I think it will take some time for the blocking to settle based on all the different ways folks game planned and utilized defense players in the past. I would expect the numbers to be messed up for a few seasons.

By setherick
1/09/2017 10:51 pm
CCSAHARA wrote:
Just my opinion but I think it will take some time for the blocking to settle based on all the different ways folks game planned and utilized defense players in the past. I would expect the numbers to be messed up for a few seasons.

I agree with this. I think most of the frustration right now is not knowing how to evaluate players, especially DEs, and this frustration is being compounded by the fact that elite DEs don't seem to be a factor in the passing game. (For the first several games, they definitely were not a factor, but I'm torn over the past two games how effective/ineffective they have been.) It may help if QB pressures were tracked as a stat. That would let us know how effective DEs are at disrupting passes even when they're not getting sacks.

By Wolfpack
1/10/2017 8:27 am
My nickel back has more sacks than any of my DEs.

By setherick
1/10/2017 7:00 pm
Just did a quick glance through all of the games this week. Removing the debug code from the OL seems to have balanced out run blocking some. The averages look more in line with what they are in other leagues.

By WarEagle
1/13/2017 10:04 am
Wolfpack wrote:

Are you blitzing the NB a bunch?

If so, I would expect that to be the case.

By setherick
1/13/2017 10:12 am
WarEagle wrote:
Wolfpack wrote:

Are you blitzing the NB a bunch?

If so, I would expect that to be the case.

This. There are a lot of corner blitzes that are very effective/overpowered right now.

By Beercloud
1/13/2017 3:06 pm
This happened in another league so im not sure which update is being used in the mainstream leagues, but for the first time I saw a QB scramble around behind the line of scrimmage. He did end up getting sacked but it was awesome.

He first scrambled out of the pocket as usual and when I thought he was gonna just run towards the sideline and get sacked or run up field, he pause for a bit then started to scramble to the other side of the field before the defense finally caught up to him for a sack.

https://mfn68.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/1127#219373

Its the 2nd play of the game.

These dots are just so fun to watch.
Last edited at 1/13/2017 3:13 pm

By WarEagle
1/13/2017 5:17 pm
Honestly, I'm pretty surprised he didn't sprint straight towards the end zone in order to take a safety.